First-Time Freshmen Scholarships
The Mosaic Leadership Scholarship is designed to recruit students who desire to be trained for Christian servant-leadership and come from an underrepresented ethnicity at Ozark Christian College. This is a scholarship in the amount of $24,000 ($3,000 per semester). Up to 6 new Mosaic Leadership Scholarships will be awarded each academic year.
Limited to students who:
- Are new full-time degree-seeking students admitted to Ozark Christian College
- Demonstrate a call to vocational ministry in the church
- Have potential for leadership and service in the church and/or community
- Are members of an underrepresented ethnicity at Ozark Christian College
- Have an unweighted cumulative GPA of a 2.5 or above
- Are actively involved in serving a church
(Not stackable. Recipients will receive either a Merit-Based or the Mosaic Scholarship)
How to Apply:
- Meet the scholarship guidelines as stated above
- Submit this application by November 1 for Spring or April 1 for Fall. Applicants must have fulfilled all of their admission requirements to be considered for this scholarship.
HOW TO MAINTAIN THIS SCHOLARSHIP:
Once the Mosaic Leadership Scholarship is awarded, it is renewable based on the following (besides the general OCC policies to renew scholarships):
- The student is not placed on disciplinary probation. Such action will result in the forfeiture of the scholarship in a succeeding semester. It may be reinstated once the disciplinary probation is resolved
- The student remains in compliance with the college catalog and all other student guidelines of the college
- The student meets once a month for the entirety of your college career with the Director of Multicultural Affairs
- The student is willing their third year of study to be a leader on campus in student life (e.g., resident assistant, class representative, life group leader, etc.)
All OCC Scholarships (with the exception of the OCC Grant Fund) are renewed based on the following:
- Student must maintain a full-time enrolled status (12 credit hours or more). Exceptions for students participating in our dual degree program may be made. Check with Student Financial Services for specifics.
- A minimum cumulative Ozark GPA of 2.0 is required each academic year unless otherwise required.
- Scholarships are renewed by academic year. If a student loses the scholarship at the end of an academic year, it may be renewed following the completion of the next academic year by reaching a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- All scholarships may be renewed for up to four years, unless the degree program is five years (e.g., Bachelor of Theology or dual degree program).