Make a one-time or recurring gift today.
Many people want to make a kingdom impact, but they're overwhelmed because the harvest workers are few.
At OCC, for over 80 years we've had one mission: training men and women for Christian service. When you partner with OCC, you multiply your kingdom efforts through the hundreds of kingdom leaders we train each year.
Ways to Give to OCC
Make a one-time or recurring donation securely online.
- Mail or Phone
Mail to us at 1111 N. Main St. Joplin, MO 64801 or call us at 417.626.1243.
- Recurring Monthly Gift
Set up a recurring monthly gift through your credit card or ACH.
- Matching Gift
Double or triple your gift through an employer matching gift program.
Create a lasting legacy and remember us with a future gift. Help Ozark train the next generation of Christian leaders for years to come.
1. Include a Gift in Your Will to Ozark Christian College
We can send you information about wills, trusts, and other giving opportunities that could help you save taxes, provide for a better retirement, properly care for your heirs, and help advance the Gospel for years to come.
2. Give Appreciated Stock or Property
Securities and mutual funds that have increased in value and been held for more than one year are one of the most popular ways to make a gift to Ozark Christian College. When you donate appreciated securities or mutual funds you have held over one year to support our mission, you can reduce or even eliminate federal capital gains taxes on the transfer. You may also be entitled to a federal income tax charitable deduction based on the fair market value of the securities at the time of the transfer.
3. Make Tax-Free Gifts from Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA)
If you are 70 ½ years old or older, there is a simple way to support Ozark Christian College and receive a tax benefit. Each year you can give up to $100,000 from your traditional IRA directly to a qualified charity such as Ozark without paying income taxes on the money. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions. If you have not taken your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) this year, your gift can satisfy all or part of that requirement.
4. Give Through a Donor Advised Fund (DAF)
A donor advised fund (DAF) is a charitable investment account that provides an immediate tax benefit to you and allows you to recommend grants to ministries of your choice over time. Granting to a ministry through your DAF is easy. Simply recommend a gift to Ozark Christian College today, or on a recurring basis (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, or annually) to help us prepare more Kingdom workers.
- Create a Free Online Will
If you’re like most people, you don’t have a Will. Or, the Will you have is outdated. Thankfully, creating your Will is faster and easier than ever. Ozark Christian College is pleased to offer a free online resource through a partnership with GiftWise. In less than 20 minutes, you can make a legally-binding Will, Health Care Power of Attorney, and Financial Power of Attorney. And, you can include a gift of any size to Ozark Christian College and make a lasting impact. Delete “Write a Will” from your to-do list today!
- Make a Gift in Your Will or Trust
An excellent way to equip future generations for Christian service is to include a gift in your will or trust to Ozark Christian College. A gift to the college in your will or trust does not cost anything during your lifetime, can be changed if your life circumstances change, and helps offset any estate taxes due. In as little as one sentence your attorney can include your gift to Ozark Christian College (Federal Tax ID #44-6005108). We suggest the following wording to make a gift in your will or trust:
1. Outright Gift
- I hereby, give, devise, and bequeath ($10,000) to Ozark Christian College of Joplin, Missouri.
- I hereby, give, devise, and bequeath (10%) of my estate to Ozark Christian College of Joplin, Missouri.
- I hereby, give, devise, and bequeath (describe specific item) to Ozark Christian College of Joplin, Missouri.
- I hereby give, devise, and bequeath my real estate described as (property address or legal description) to Ozark Christian College of Joplin, Missouri.
2. Residual Gift
- I hereby give, devise, and bequeath (a percentage or all) of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate to Ozark Christian College of Joplin, Missouri.
3. Contingent Gift
- If (name of beneficiary) does not survive me, then I hereby give, devise, and bequeath (describe property) to Ozark Christian College of Joplin, Missouri.
4. Restricted Gift
If you are considering a gift for a restricted purpose, please let us know. We recommend that your attorney include the following provision to give the college flexibility should it no longer be possible to use your gift as originally intended:
- If the Board of Trustees of Ozark Christian College determines that the college is unable to accomplish the specific purpose of this gift, Ozark Christian College may use the income and principal of this gift for such purposes as the Board determines is most closely related to the restricted purpose of my gift.
We would be glad to assist you or your attorney in establishing your estate plans. Please contact Doug Miller at 417.626.1215 or [email protected] for more information. If you have made a gift to Ozark Christian College in your estate plan, please let us know. We want to thank you for your support and invite you to join the Ozark Legacy Society with other friends of the college.
The Ozark Legacy Society
Many people have supported the college through their estate plans. The Legacy Society recognizes those friends who include a gift to the college in their Wills, Trusts, IRAs, or Life Insurance with member only benefits.
Questions? Contact the Donor Engagement Office.
Have any questions regarding giving? Reach out to the Donor Engagement Office below.