Worden Christian Church
Worden Christian Church (WCC) is a small community church that was established on May 1, 1892. At WCC, we have built for a more loving and accessible Christian Community. Church membership pre-COVID was 45 members but post-COVID is 25 members.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|1||20||Worden, IL USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (618) 304-7368
Worden, IL 62097
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Preaching/Senior||Preaching Minister||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
The church offers a newer 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom home with full basement and 2 car garage.
Minister’s duties include:
- Teaching Sunday School service (9:30 a.m.)
- Preach God’s Word at Sunday worship service (10:30 a.m.)
- Lead weekly evening Bible study in fellowship hall (summer excluded)
- Along with congregation, hold monthly service and communion for residents of local nursing home
- Senior Youth Group Leader in conjunction with LeClaire Christian Church every Sunday evening (summer excluded)
- Assist with Vacation Bible School
- Perform weddings and funerals in accordance with the church by-laws
- Call on members regularly. This includes communion for shut-ins and hospital calling as needed
- Work closely with WCC Board of Directors to develop strategy for outreach in surrounding communities
- Attend social and civic celebrations
- Receive and respond to inquiries about the church
To apply, please send your resume to Mary Thomas at [email protected] For questions or inquiries, contact Mary Thomas (618) 304-7368.