Williamsport Christian Church
WCC is a church community in Williamsport, Indiana of approximately 200 that is focused on reaching, teaching, equipping, and sending. WCC’s tight knit congregation contains a number of young, growing families and strong Christian leaders. Many of our families are multi-generational and we have discipleship programs for all ages. Children and youth programming, specifically, includes an active AWANA program, established in 2011, which has become a vital and vibrant part of not only our youth, but our church and local community as a whole. Additionally, our high school youth group is involved not only in national and regional programs such as CIY, ICYC, and Winter Jam, but as a part of our Sunday morning corporate worship and evening youth events and outreach opportunities. Finally, our congregation’s leadership has remained consistent and nurturing, seeking to aid in the development of our youth directly, but also to nurture the growth of our ministry staff and congregation as a whole.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|5||200||Williamsport, IN USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (765) 762-3382
Williamsport, IN 47993
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Children's, Youth||Youth Minister||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
Our church is looking to hire an exemplary youth pastor to oversee our youth and children’s ministries. The main goal for this role is the development of a Christ-like character in all our youth (and youth leaders) and to enhance our outreach into the community so that others will come to know Jesus. This youth pastor will attend student functions at schools and homeschool events, grow relationships within the education community, provide students and their families with biblical counseling, and oversee children’s programming at WCC.
Supervised by: Senior Pastor, Elders
Status: Full-time, 40+ hours/week salaried
Benefits: Paid vacation, conference allowance, health insurance
Youth Pastor Responsibilities:
- Attending and participating in meetings (Elders, church board, staff, etc)
- Overseeing, growing, and coordinating the church’s children and youth ministry volunteers
- Examining and administrating currciculum for all youth programs, events, and classes
- Leading middle and high school students and encouraging their spiritual growth
- Growing students who are interested in the knowledge of God and His Word
- Developing positive relationships with students and their parents
Youth Pastor Requirements:
- Evident relationship with Jesus Christ
- Agreement with WCC’s statement of faith
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency with social media
- Skillful in organization and administration, a self-starter
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to lead by example
- Compassion for the lost and love for young people
- Available to work extended hours when necessary
For more information, please see the attached document.
To apply, submit a resume and references to WCC for review of our search committee.