Southland Christian Church
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|175||10,500||Lexington, KY USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (859) 224-1600
Lexington, KY 40523
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Other||Southland Resident||Paid Part-Time||20-30|
Southland Christian Church is looking for 2024-2025 Residents! The purpose of Southland’s Residency Program is to prepare leaders for local church ministry. It’s aimed at college graduates of any kind who feel a call to ministry, but need leadership training and practical hands-on experience. Residents move to Lexington, KY for one year (housing is provided), and commit to 25 hours a week (with pay) where we help equip them in servant leadership, calling clarification, and ministry preparation. They engage in cohort-style learning with other residents, as well as individual ministry specification and skill training of their choice. At the end of the year, we help connect and guide them through next steps, hopefully into local church ministry!
Our program helps shape leaders who become:
- Deeply rooted in their identity in Christ.
- Self-aware and character-driven.
- Well-trained in pastoral care and ministry skills.
- Grounded in biblical truth and theological understanding.
- Connected to a community of other supportive leaders.
- Resilient and committed to rhythms that support long-term spiritual, mental, physical, and emotional health.
- Ready to serve the Church with humility, wisdom, grit, and JOY.
Our program includes:
- Cohort Term (Summer):
- Acclimation to Southland’s culture.
- Observing and serving in broad spectrum of ministry areas (both within Southland and non-profit partners) as a group.
- Targeted core content study covering leadership, theology and doctrinal beliefs, and personal development.
- Field Work Term (Fall/Winter/Spring):
- Transition from cohort style learning to ministry team placement.
- Start field work in specific area of ministry and develop giftings and responsibility.
- Continued core content study and practical ministry training.
- Work in ministry area with increased leadership and responsibility.
- Phasing toward graduating the program, with personal support for job placement.
- Finalizing core content study needs.
If this sounds like an opportunity you’d like to consider or pursue, head to https://southland.church/residency/ and read all about it. When you’re ready, fill out an application and someone will be in contact with you shortly!
Upcoming college graduates may apply for this multi-round interview process. We will accept up to 10 residents in each class.