Rock Hills Church
Our lead pastor, Troy Hartman, has a story full of tragedy and hope. He was driving drunk at 3:00a New Year’s Day 2000 and wrecked. His friend, Matt Jones, was killed in the accident. Matt’s mother, Mary, invited Troy to the funeral and told him, “I love you, I forgive you, and if you give your life to God, He will use it for good.” A few weeks after Mary shared these powerful words with Troy, he gave his life to Jesus. He went to a local church and began to serve. In 2003, Troy had the opportunity to help start North Point Church in Springfield, MO and ended up meeting his wife Lacey while serving there! The Hartman’s were on staff at NPC for 11 years, but felt God asking them to leave a place they loved to start a new church. God called the Hartman’s to the “Little Apple” Manhattan, KS. Troy and Lacey, along with their daughter’s Jovi and Jade, moved in 2015 knowing one person. They truly weren’t sure why Manhattan, until they began to research this new community. 65% of Manhattan is unclaimed to any faith. MHK is a college town, home to Kansas State University, as well as a military town with one of our nation’s largest military bases, Fort Riley, being close. While being “No Coast, USA” Manhattan has the unique opportunity to reach people from all over the world and then send them all over the world! In the first few months they lived in Manhattan, a team of 40 people committed to help launch Rock Hills Church. RHC officially started September 13, 2015 at the Boys and Girls Club of Manhattan! 385 people came to launch Sunday and now, almost seven years later, RHC has seen God write thousands of new stories in military personnel, families, college students, youth and children over the years. We moved to the AMC Movie Theater in 2017 and as of October 8, 2021 RHC secured what we believe are “9 acres of hope”! We currently have over 850 people join our weekly gatherings on a weekend. (not including online). Our grand opening of our phase 1 construction is scheduled for September 11, 2022!
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|8||900||Manhattan, KS United States|
mail [email protected]
phone (417) 459-5246
Manhattan, KS 66502
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Youth, College/Young Adult||Youth and Young Adult Pastor||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your answers to the below to [email protected]
How did you connect to Jesus in a personal relationship?
What has God been speaking to you recently?
Tell us your water baptism story.
What has your experience been with gifts of the Spirit? Are you seeking the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues or have you experienced that gift? If so, how is that gift of God working in your life. Tell us your story!
Tell us how God called you to pastoral, church ministry or why you think He is leading you to work in a church.
Describe your spiritual disciplines.
· Spiritual Gift Assessment
o Free link to take your assessment https://gifts.churchgrowth.org/spiritual-gifts-survey/gifts-survey/
o Top Three-Five Spiritual Gifts
· DISC Assessment
o Overview of the DISC: https://www.discprofile.com/what-is-disc/overview/
• Free link to take your assessment: https://www.123test.com/disc-personality-test/
o (If you haven’t done this assessment within the last 2 years)
o What are your strongest behaviors?
• What are the “weaknesses/challenges” of your personality?
· Enneagram ($12) (If you haven’t done this assessment within the last 2 years)
o How did you score?
• What top two types are you?
• What are the strengths in those types?
• What are the challenges/weaknesses in those types?
1. Why would you like to work at RHC?
2. What excites you about being part of RHC?
3. How do you feel you would contribute to RHC?
Your Education and Work History:
· Highest level of education and major
· Two most recent jobs (Describe your role)
• Where are you currently attending church and/or serving?
· Three references (Name, Email, Phone Number, what type of reference will they give i.e. work-related, personal, spiritual, etc No relatives.)
Your Competencies: Answer 1-17
1. Describe the details of a time in your life that you were most exhausted and how you went through it.
2. What would you say are the most significant spiritual markers in your life?
3. Do you consider yourself a better visionary or implementer, and why?
4. What does it mean to mobilize a team of people to accomplish a goal? Describe a time when you have mobilized a team to meet a specific goal.
5. What are the most important lessons you have learned in your career/in this season? (Get specifics with respect to when, where, what, etc.)
6. What actions would you take in the first weeks, should you join our organization?
7. How well organized are you? What do you do to be organized and what, if anything, do you feel you ought to do to be better organized?
8. Everyone procrastinates at times. What are the kinds of things that you procrastinate on?
9. How would you describe your work habits?
10. When there is a difference of opinion, do you tend to confront people directly or indirectly, or tend to let the situation resolve itself? (Get specifics.)
11. How many hours per week have you worked, on average, during the past year?
12. Describe the pace at which you work – fast, slow, or moderate – and the circumstances under which it varies.
13. Is there anything in your personal life that you think could exclude you from leadership opportunities at RHC?
14. How much consumer debt are you currently carrying?
15. What do your giving habits look like? How long have you been tithing to your local church? If you aren’t tithing, share why.
16. Do you have kids? What are their ages/personalities?
17. Please include any links of you speaking/communicating in front of a group. (Professional or church related)
1. How would you describe your spouse’s personality? List a few of their strengths.
2. How does your spouse like the idea of you working in full-time ministry?
Bonus: What question should we ask you?
Bonus: What questions do you have for us?
Carry these attributes/values: Holy, Healthy, Hungry, Hustle, and Bring life. See job description document for more details.