Ozark Christian College
Ozark Christian College is a single-purpose Bible college in Joplin, Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, Missouri|
mail [email protected]
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Para Church Organizations, Christian School||OCC Residential Adjunct Faculty - Math Professor||Paid Part-Time||30-40+|
OCC Residential Adjunct Faculty - Math Professor
- Exempt salary
The role of adjunct faculty in general is one of spiritual leadership as well as academic instruction. Adjunct faculty are expected to meet the teaching/classroom expectations as outlined in the OCC Faculty Handbook. The role of this adjunct position in particular is to teach in person “Math for Life” in the fall 2023 semester.
Course Description: A course designed to introduce students to methods that will assist them in managing money. Students learn to budget income and expenses, to evaluate insurance needs, to assess investment and to use credit wisely. Students are also introduced to income tax regulations and forms, with emphasis given to special circumstances applicable to ministers. (3 credit hours)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach course(s) as assigned by the Academic Dean.
- Affirm agreement with and sign the OCC Statement of Faith.
- Abide by all of the policies and procedures in the OCC Personnel Handbook and Faculty Handbook as well as online program policies.
- Complete student learning assessments as requested by the Academics Office.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the subjects and topic taught to stay current in their academic discipline
- Able to integrate biblical principles and a Christian worldview into all aspects of education
- Able to communicate effectively in written form
- Able to utilize appropriate and varied teaching methods
- Keep course materials up-to-date and use instructional technology
- Able to collaborate with other faculty and staff members and maintain collegial relations
- Able to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information
- Model a Christ-centered life
- Model respect for students and college personnel
- Cultivate appropriate relationships with students
Education and Experience
- Experience in ministry
- Graduate degree with at least 18 hours in the area of their teaching. For this particular class, completed graduate work in mathematics or business is required.
- Work indoors in classrooms, their offices, meeting rooms, and in libraries.
- Stand for long periods while teaching in the classroom.
- Sit at a desk and work from a desktop or a laptop computer
- Work regularly on a laptop or computer for many of their primary duties.
To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and OCC application to [email protected].
*This position is designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA), and will be required to participate in CSA training, and is required to immediately forward all reports of Clery Act crimes brought to their attention to the Clery Compliance Officer.
In compliance with the Clery Act, Ozark Christian College publishes annual reports containing information about crime prevention, reporting policies, crime statistics and other safety and security-related information. The College also maintains daily crime and fire logs. To view OCC’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report go to occ.edu/security. Hard copies are also available upon request at the Ozark Christian College Student Affairs Office (1111 North Main Street, Joplin, MO 64801).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER
Ozark Christian College is affiliated with Christian churches and churches of Christ. Its mission is to train men and women for Christian service. The college seeks to educate and hire individuals who share its core values to accomplish its mission. It is the intent of the college to create and promote a diverse workforce consistent with its stated goals and mission.
It is the policy of Ozark Christian College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in admission and access to educational opportunities, programs, activities, or employment as applicable to ministries in section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended and implementing regulations.
As a religious educational institution, Ozark Christian College reserves the right to make employment decisions based on religion, marital status, or sex consistent with the college’s religious beliefs. Further, as a Christian ministry, the college has the right to select those who serve in ministerial positions based on criteria established by the college.