Ozark Christian College
Ozark Christian College is a single-purpose Bible college in Joplin, Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, Missouri|
mail [email protected]
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Para Church Organizations, Christian School||OCC Purchasing Clerk||Paid Part-Time||20-30|
OCC Purchasing Clerk
Position Title: Purchasing Clerk
Reports to: Director of Bookstore and Purchasing
Non-exempt, part-time position
The mission of the Bookstore is to provide a convenient and efficient source for textbooks, school supplies, official school merchandise, and biblical resources for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and area churches. Institutional Goals supported by Department: IG 2, 4, 5
Works with the purchasing agent in the day to day operations of the Purchasing Department to ensure that items requested are ordered and filled in a timely fashion.
B. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs the initial check on all purchase requisitions. Possibly including assigning a vendor or locating the best possible price.
- Monitors the purchase requisitions to assure that they are moving through the approval process. Watches for the completion of the purchase requisition approval process and the issuance of a Purchase Order.
- Sends the Purchase Order to the vendor for fulfillment.
- Monitors college credit card usage and signs them out to departments for purchases, as needed.
- Receives packing slips from each department/individual receiving materials.
- Deliver the prepared invoices to the Purchasing Agent for approval and deliver all approved invoices to the Accounts Payable clerk for payment
- Assist the Director of the Bookstore to monitor special orders and restock orders, to place orders as necessary.
- Works as needed at the front counter to check out customers with their purchases.
- Assist the Director of the Bookstore as assigned.
C. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Computer experience
- Bookkeeping knowledge, tracking budget expenses
- Able to establish/maintain vendor relationships
- Verbal communication
D. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with vendors is preferred
- Customer service experience is preferred
- Intermediate level of computer knowledge and familiarization
E. Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The work environment will be indoors. One must have the ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time and file invoice copies.
To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and OCC application to [email protected].
In compliance with the Clery Act, Ozark Christian College publishes annual reports containing information about crime prevention, reporting policies, crime statistics and other safety and security-related information. The College also maintains daily crime and fire logs. To view OCC’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report go to occ.edu/security. Hard copies are also available upon request at the Ozark Christian College Student Affairs Office (1111 North Main Street, Joplin, MO 64801).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER
Ozark Christian College is affiliated with Christian churches and churches of Christ. Its mission is to train men and women for Christian service. The college seeks to educate and hire individuals who share its core values to accomplish its mission. It is the intent of the college to create and promote a diverse workforce consistent with its stated goals and mission.
It is the policy of Ozark Christian College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in admission and access to educational opportunities, programs, activities, or employment as applicable to ministries in section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended and implementing regulations.
As a religious educational institution, Ozark Christian College reserves the right to make employment decisions based on religion, marital status, or sex consistent with the college’s religious beliefs. Further, as a Christian ministry, the college has the right to select those who serve in ministerial positions based on criteria established by the college.