Ozark Christian College
Ozark Christian College is a single-purpose Bible college in Joplin, Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, Missouri|
mail [email protected]
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Para Church Organizations, Christian School||OCC Payroll Specialist||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
OCC Payroll Specialist
- Non-exempt hourly
The payroll specialist will oversee and process the payroll functions of the organization, ensuring pay and deductions are processed on time, with accuracy, and in compliance with government regulations. This role will oversee accurate benefits billings, payments, and employee deductions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process payroll on a semi-monthly basis
- Enter and maintain payroll information including compensation, time worked, paid leave, holidays, deductions, withholding, address changes and other information
- Calculate proper payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions, housing allowance, non-cash deductions, etc
- Reconcile payroll to the general ledger
- Prepare direct deposits and review and resolve bank issues
- Create deposits for federal and state payroll tax
- Enter timely payroll updates for new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates
- Prepare quarterly 941 IRS form
- Prepare and reconcile annual W-2, 1042, and 1095 forms to payroll information and the general ledger
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports of payroll transactions
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage and hour laws, and best practices
- Provide records and documentation to auditors
- Complete annual workers compensation audit
- Review and reconcile benefit billing invoices to accurate personnel information for payment
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Organized with multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent mathematical and calculation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of payroll tax and wage laws
- 10-key proficiency
- Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications, specifically Excel
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s or bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field preferred
- Three to four years of experience in payroll processing required
- Previous experience with payroll-related functions for higher education and/or religious organizations preferred
- Sit at a desk and work from a desktop or a laptop computer
- Focus and concentrate on a computer screen daily and at length
- Travel across campus to make deliveries to other employees
- Occasionally travel across town to pick up orders from local businesses
Submit the OCC application along with cover letter and resume to [email protected].
In compliance with the Clery Act, Ozark Christian College publishes annual reports containing information about crime prevention, reporting policies, crime statistics and other safety and security-related information. The College also maintains daily crime and fire logs. To view OCC’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report go to occ.edu/security. Hard copies are also available upon request at the Ozark Christian College Student Affairs Office (1111 North Main Street, Joplin, MO 64801).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER
Ozark Christian College is affiliated with Christian churches and churches of Christ. Its mission is to train men and women for Christian service. The college seeks to educate and hire individuals who share its core values to accomplish its mission. It is the intent of the college to create and promote a diverse workforce consistent with its stated goals and mission.
It is the policy of Ozark Christian College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in admission and access to educational opportunities, programs, activities, or employment as applicable to ministries in section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended and implementing regulations.