Ozark Christian College
Ozark Christian College is a focused Bible college in southwest Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, Missouri United States|
mail [email protected]
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Christian School||OCC Men's Soccer Coach||Paid Part-Time||N/A|
Position Title: Athletic Coach - Men's Soccer
Reports to: Athletic Director
The mission of the Athletics Department is to encourage physical health and wellness by providing Christ-centered intercollegiate and intramural athletic competition opportunities. =
*This position is designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA), and will be required to participate in CSA training, and is required to immediately forward all reports of Clery Act crimes brought to their attention to the Clery Compliance Officer.
The athletic coach will develop and lead student-athletes in their physical, spiritual, and emotional needs as part of their overall educational experience at Ozark Christian College.
B. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a Christlike program with a regular devotional and prayer schedule with players.
- Report directly and be accountable to the Athletic Director (AD).
- Develop the student-athlete in their sport-specific skill. You will be limited to 10 hours/week of on-field contact with the student-athletes.
- Take time to visit and recruit student-athletes as available.
- Submit stat reports to conference, region, and national offices.
- Be involved with coach’s meetings at the conference, region, and national levels.
- When trips are not chartered, be able to drive a van.
- Oversee assistant coach and student manager.
- Supervise road trips and be accountable to AD with meal money and receipts on travel and lodging. Trips will be arranged with the AD.
- Work in conjunction with athletic trainers on athletic injuries.
- Assist the AD in developing a yearly budget based on the needs and goals of the program.
- Assist the AD in developing a yearly schedule of games and practices.
C. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge about the specific sport and the rules pertaining to that sport
- Basic computer skills for stats purposes
- Commitment to the goals and values of Ozark Christian College in accordance with the lifestyle policy in the Personnel Handbook
- Ability to communicate with coaches, students, and employees
- Ability to operate a school van
D. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous experience in athletics as a player and/or coach
E. Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
The work environment will be mostly outdoors. Coaches should be able to be active and capable of performing basic tasks according to their sport and maintain at least some level of physical fitness to ensure they have the stamina to coach.
Part-time, seasonal position. The coach will be compensated for time spent on the program from approximately mid-August through mid-November. Any time spent before or after those dates will be at the coach’s discretion and will not be compensated for unless approved in advance by the Athletic Director.
To apply, submit this OCC application, resume, and cover letter to [email protected] No walk-in applicants.