Ozark Christian College
Ozark Christian College is a focused Bible college in southwest Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, Missouri United States|
mail [email protected]
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Christian School||OCC Library Director||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
OCC Director of Library
- Full-Time (40 hours per week minimum)
- FLSA Exempt Salary - Salary negotiable based on experience
The Director of Library is responsible for overseeing all library functions. The employee will work closely with faculty and students to help create and maintain a vibrant learning community. The Director of Library will accomplish this by acquiring, providing access to, and training in the appropriate use of learning resources.
- Formulate and administer policies, rules, and regulations to secure the most complete use of the library by faculty, students, and others.
- Select administrative, technical, and service personnel.
- Assist the Circulation Supervisor in the hiring/firing and training of student staff.
- Assist the Part-time Coordinator of Acquisitions and Electronic Resources through the Library Committee to acquire library resources that support the college curriculum.
- Recommend the annual budget for library operation and execute it when approved.
- Prepare internal and external reports, surveys, studies, analyses, and manuals as needed or as requested by the OCC administration (including any reports needed for accrediting organizations).
- Collaborate with the faculty to develop the collection for curricular and recreational needs and to suggest policies to the Library Committee for the selection of new materials, handling of gifts, and the de-selection process (weeding).
- Encourage support of and participation in local, state, and national professional library associations and activities.
- In cooperation with the Academic Dean and the Library Committee, integrate library resources into the curricular program to fulfill college learning objectives (CLOs).
- Manage interlibrary loan (ILL) services for both books and journal articles through available networks and consortia.
- Direct knowledge of best library practices for a Bible college, either by having a Bible/Christian college education or by having experience working in a Bible/Christian college library
- Compliance with all college standards for faculty appointment as determined by the OCC trustees
- Flexibility in working with consortia members and ability to adapt to change
- Ability to manage many tasks and organize for efficiency
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in librarianship from an ALA-accredited institution (required)
- Five years of experience in the practice of professional librarianship
- Ability to climb stairs, reach the top and bottom shelves, and move shelving and furniture as needed
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer may be required
- Visual acuity and accuracy are necessary to manage details and numbers
- Must be able to lift 50 or more pounds at times
This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position. Submit this OCC application along with a cover letter and resume to [email protected]