Ozark Christian College
Ozark Christian College is a single-purpose Bible college in Joplin, Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, Missouri|
mail [email protected]
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Para Church Organizations, Christian School||OCC Intercultural Studies Administrative Assistant||Paid Part-Time||20-30|
OCC Intercultural Studies Administrative Assistant
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Intercultural Studies
Reports to: Intercultural Studies Department Director
Part-time, non-exempt hourly position
The mission of the Intercultural Studies Department is to train students to partner in the work of the gospel throughout the world while inspiring students, alumni, and partners to serve effectively in intercultural ministry contexts. Institutional Goals supported by Department: IG 2, 3, 4
*This position is designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA) and will be required to participate in CSA training and is required to immediately forward all reports of Clery Act crimes brought to their attention to the Clery Compliance Officer.
The Administrative Assistant will assist the department director as well as the faculty in the department. This is a highly visible position that interacts with departmental staff, faculty, various academic personnel, and students to ensure the department’s operations run smoothly. This position also serves the college by contributing to an atmosphere that is inviting, helpful, and service-focused for students.
B. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support departmental course offerings for the Biblical Justice and Organization Leadership programs
- Set up courses and assignments and record class attendance and grading in Canvas
- Proctor tests as needed for department faculty
- Coordinate calendars and scheduling for department personnel
- Handle departmental budget tracking at the request of the director
- Supervise and support student assistants working for the department
- Mentor, train, and coach the student staff as they assist with grading for departmental faculty and Visiting Intercultural Professors (VIP)
- Collaborate with Student Affairs Department, Events Department, or mission partners on events to raise awareness on cross-cultural experiences
- Global Awareness Day/Week
- International Conference on Missions (ICOM)
- Spring Break trips
- VIP Open House
- Ensure the Missions Building Lobby coffee area is clean and stocked
C. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have the ability to complete office tasks efficiently and effectively to ensure the department runs smoothly
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced office environment and maintain accuracy in all responsibilities
- Must have the ability to oversee student staff and devote time to training them in their role to assist the department
- Must have a working knowledge of office applications such as Word, Excel, and Google Suite
- Must be familiar with computers and learning systems
- Must have the ability to work from a computer screen for several hours per day while sitting at a desk
This position will supervise two to three student assistants.
E. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have prior experience working in an office setting
- Must have two years prior experience in a supervisory role
- Prior experience in higher education is a plus
F. Work Environment and Physical Requirements
This position is in a fast-paced office setting with routine interruptions. The candidate must be detail-oriented, organized, friendly, and service-minded to assist the department in this role. This position will work in a moderately noisy environment during the academic year and will be subject to a high-traffic area outside the office door. The position will work from a computer daily and must be proficient on such devices. Basic office equipment will include a fax machine, copier, and desk telephone
This is a part-time position during the school year. To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and OCC application to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted for two weeks from the posting date.
In compliance with the Clery Act, Ozark Christian College publishes annual reports containing information about crime prevention, reporting policies, crime statistics and other safety and security-related information. The College also maintains daily crime and fire logs. To view OCC’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report go to occ.edu/security. Hard copies are also available upon request at the Ozark Christian College Student Affairs Office (1111 North Main Street, Joplin, MO 64801).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER
Ozark Christian College is affiliated with Christian churches and churches of Christ. Its mission is to train men and women for Christian service. The college seeks to educate and hire individuals who share its core values to accomplish its mission. It is the intent of the college to create and promote a diverse workforce consistent with its stated goals and mission.
It is the policy of Ozark Christian College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in admission and access to educational opportunities, programs, activities, or employment as applicable to ministries in section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended and implementing regulations.
As a religious educational institution, Ozark Christian College reserves the right to make employment decisions based on religion, marital status, or sex consistent with the college’s religious beliefs. Further, as a Christian ministry, the college has the right to select those who serve in ministerial positions based on criteria established by the college.