Ozark Christian College
Ozark Christian College is a focused Bible college in southwest Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, Missouri United States|
mail [email protected]
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Christian School||OCC Human Resources Specialist||N/A||20-30|
Human Resources Specialist
- Part-time: 29 hours per week
- Non-exempt hourly
- $14-$16 per hour worked
The HR Specialist will ensure payment is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations for all staff and student employees. This position will be responsible for administering the HRA (Health Reimbursement Arrangement) program. This position will be required to complete additional tasks determined by the Duties/Responsibilities section below.
- Maintain and review payroll timely to ensure accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions, new hires, terminations, pay rate changes, etc.
- Prepare and maintain accurate HR and payroll records and payroll reports including Form 941, MO 941, W-2s, etc.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local wage and hour laws and best practices
- Provide records and documentation for annual audit
- Identify and recommend updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures
- Allocate wages to correct accounts according to departmental procedures
- Collect required payroll forms (W-4, MO W-4, Form I-9, etc) for new hires
- Assist with new hire paperwork as requested
- Prepare and send COBRA notices as required for terminations
- Add and delete employees to benefits including all types of insurance
- Reconcile insurance premiums
- Administrate Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) Program
- Submit insurance forms (additions, terminations, and changes) to appropriate vendors
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with payroll software
- Ability to work independently when needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Management, Human Resources or related field
- 3-5 years of payroll experience
- Previous accounting experience is preferred but not required
- Previous experience will be considered in lieu of degree requirements
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
This is a part-time position. Submit this OCC application along with a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER
Ozark Christian College is affiliated with Christian churches and churches of Christ. Its mission is to train men and women for Christian service. The college seeks to educate and hire individuals who share its core values to accomplish its mission. It is the intent of the college to create and promote a diverse workforce consistent with its stated goals and mission.
It is the policy of Ozark Christian College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in admission and access to educational opportunities, programs, activities, or employment as applicable to ministries in section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended and implementing regulations.
As a religious educational institution, Ozark Christian College reserves the right to make employment decisions based on religion, marital status, or sex consistent with the college’s religious beliefs. Further, as a Christian ministry, the college has the right to select those who serve in ministerial positions based on criteria established by the college.