Ozark Christian College
Ozark Christian College is a focused Bible college in southwest Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, Missouri United States|
mail [email protected]
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Christian School||OCC Graduate Studies Administrative Assistant||Paid Part-Time||16-19|
Graduate Studies Administrative Assistant
- Part-time: 15-20 hours per week
- Non-exempt hourly
- $14 per hour worked
The Administrative Assistant will assist the Associate Academic Dean of Graduate Studies by managing communication (internal and external), information, essential reporting, departmental needs, calendar rhythm, meetings (before, during, and after), travel logistics, and other tasks fitting the needs of the department and the gifts of the assistant. This position interacts with departmental staff, faculty, various academic personnel, and students to ensure the department’s operations run smoothly. This position also serves the college by contributing to an atmosphere that is inviting, helpful, and service-focused for students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage communication (internal and external): manage essential lines of communication, including email, Asana, and social media
- Manage information: assist in organizing and creating important information artifacts, including essential notes from meetings, tasks, curriculum scheduling, and faculty credentials
- Manage essential reporting: organize and submit important reporting elements including travel receipts, purchase requisitions, budget items, reimbursements, and adjunct faculty payment
- Manage departmental needs: ensure essential elements are always fully stocked for the Graduate Studies Department from day-to-day items (toner, paper, pens, etc.) to unique event items (agendas for meetings, snacks, etc.)
- Manage calendar rhythm: oversee and coordinate the internal and external calendars for the Associate Academic Dean of Graduate Studies and, as needed, other personnel in the department
- Manage meetings: manage all elements of preparation before, during, and after all meetings for the Graduate Studies Department and the Associate Academic Dean of Graduate Studies. (Before: agendas, purpose of meeting, gathering essential personnel; during: stay on agenda, note-taking, task assignments in Asana; and after: follow-up emails with key highlights, tasks)
- Manage travel logistics: manage all travel for the Associate Academic Dean of Graduate Studies and, as needed, for other personnel in the department, including travel and housing arrangements, food receipts, and itineraries of travel
- Handle departmental budget tracking at the request of the Academic Dean of Graduate Studies
- Collaborate with the Coordinator of Community Formation for Graduate Studies, the Campus Activities Department, Events Department, and other essential departments for on-campus events for the Graduate Studies Department (intensive weeks, orientations, etc.)
- Must have the ability to complete office tasks efficiently and effectively to ensure the department runs smoothly
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced office environment and maintain accuracy in all responsibilities
- Must be able to work remotely and maintain accuracy in all responsibilities
- Must have a working knowledge of office applications such as Word, Excel, and Google Suite
- Must be familiar with computers and learning systems
- Must have the ability to work from a computer screen for several hours per day while sitting at a desk
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Prior experience working in an office setting is preferred
- Prior experience in higher education is preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Able to lift 15 pounds at times
- Working in a noisy environment
This is a part-time position. Submit this OCC application along with a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER
Ozark Christian College is affiliated with Christian churches and churches of Christ. Its mission is to train men and women for Christian service. The college seeks to educate and hire individuals who share its core values to accomplish its mission. It is the intent of the college to create and promote a diverse workforce consistent with its stated goals and mission.
It is the policy of Ozark Christian College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in admission and access to educational opportunities, programs, activities, or employment as applicable to ministries in section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended and implementing regulations.
As a religious educational institution, Ozark Christian College reserves the right to make employment decisions based on religion, marital status, or sex consistent with the college’s religious beliefs. Further, as a Christian ministry, the college has the right to select those who serve in ministerial positions based on criteria established by the college.