Ozark Christian College
Ozark Christian College is a single-purpose Bible college in Joplin, Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, Missouri|
mail [email protected]
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Para Church Organizations, Christian School||OCC Front Desk Receptionist||Paid Part-Time||10-15|
OCC Front Desk Receptionist
- Part-time (10-15 hours per week)
- Non-exempt hourly
Serves as the first contact person of Ozark Christian College by greeting, welcoming, and directing guests appropriately—in person or over the telephone—and assists other departments with additional clerical duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them in person or over the telephone
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee directory information
- Mindful of campus activities to help direct guests where they need to go
- Assists departments with mailings or other clerical duties
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Professionalism, skilled listener, and guest focus
- Able to multitask and be flexible in a changing work environment
Education and Experience:
- Some experience with administrative duties in an office setting
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Sit at a desk and work from a desktop or a laptop computer
- Focus and concentrate on a computer screen daily and at length
- Requires prolonged sitting and a great deal of finger, hand, and arm movement
- Requires excellent hearing and verbalization to all guests
To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and OCC application to [email protected].
*This position is designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA), and will be required to participate in CSA training, and is required to immediately forward all reports of Clery Act crimes brought to their attention to the Clery Compliance Officer.
In compliance with the Clery Act, Ozark Christian College publishes annual reports containing information about crime prevention, reporting policies, crime statistics and other safety and security-related information. The College also maintains daily crime and fire logs. To view OCC’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report go to occ.edu/security. Hard copies are also available upon request at the Ozark Christian College Student Affairs Office (1111 North Main Street, Joplin, MO 64801).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER
Ozark Christian College is affiliated with Christian churches and churches of Christ. Its mission is to train men and women for Christian service. The college seeks to educate and hire individuals who share its core values to accomplish its mission. It is the intent of the college to create and promote a diverse workforce consistent with its stated goals and mission.
It is the policy of Ozark Christian College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in admission and access to educational opportunities, programs, activities, or employment as applicable to ministries in section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended and implementing regulations.
As a religious educational institution, Ozark Christian College reserves the right to make employment decisions based on religion, marital status, or sex consistent with the college’s religious beliefs. Further, as a Christian ministry, the college has the right to select those who serve in ministerial positions based on criteria established by the college.