Ozark Christian College
Ozark Christian College is a single-purpose Bible college in Joplin, Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, Missouri|
mail [email protected]
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Para Church Organizations, Christian School||OCC Donor Engagement Officer||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
OCC Donor Engagement Officer
- Position Title: Donor Engagement Officer
- Department: Advancement/Donor Engagement
- Reports to: Director of Donor Engagement
- Full-time salary with benefits
The mission of the Donor Engagement Office is to provide strong relations, resource development, and donor-centered fundraising with churches, alumni, and friends of the college. Institutional Goals supported by Department: IG 4, 5
The Donor Engagement Officer will cultivate relationships with current donors and prospects through personal visits and strategic contacts in effort to advance the mission of Ozark Christian College. This DEO will be responsible for a portfolio of individual donors, church partners, and potential donors. In addition, this DEO will assist in cultivating relationships outside of his/her portfolio.
B. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate relationships and facilitate growth of an assigned portfolio of donors through travel, contacts, networking, etc.
- Maintain a portfolio of individual donors, church partners, and prospects
- Identify and cultivate relationships with prospective new donors
- Raise funds for capital campaigns and initiatives as directed by the EVP of Advancement and the President’s Office
- Collaborate strategically with other Donor Engagement staff
- Represent OCC at events, conferences, and churches as assigned by the Director of Donor Engagement and/or EVP of Advancement
C. Required Skills and Abilities
- Experience in cultivating relationships and making financial asks aligned to the organizational mission
- Relatability and professionalism that build lasting trust
- Ability to work collaboratively and creatively with a team
- Ability to track communications and relational transactions in donor management software
D. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required and a graduate degree preferred
- Three years of prior experience in fundraising, capital campaign management, and/or philanthropic initiatives preferred
- Prior college or university work experience is a plus
- Valid driver’s license required
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
E. Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Travel will be a routine and expected part of this role. Lifting, stooping, standing, kneeling, and walking are required of this role due to display/event setup and tear down.
Full-time position with benefits. To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and OCC application to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted for two weeks from the posting date.
*This position is designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA), and will be required to participate in CSA training, and is required to immediately forward all reports of Clery Act crimes brought to their attention to the Clery Compliance Officer.
In compliance with the Clery Act, Ozark Christian College publishes annual reports containing information about crime prevention, reporting policies, crime statistics and other safety and security-related information. The College also maintains daily crime and fire logs. To view OCC’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report go to occ.edu/security. Hard copies are also available upon request at the Ozark Christian College Student Affairs Office (1111 North Main Street, Joplin, MO 64801).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER
Ozark Christian College is affiliated with Christian churches and churches of Christ. Its mission is to train men and women for Christian service. The college seeks to educate and hire individuals who share its core values to accomplish its mission. It is the intent of the college to create and promote a diverse workforce consistent with its stated goals and mission.
It is the policy of Ozark Christian College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in admission and access to educational opportunities, programs, activities, or employment as applicable to ministries in section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended and implementing regulations.
As a religious educational institution, Ozark Christian College reserves the right to make employment decisions based on religion, marital status, or sex consistent with the college’s religious beliefs. Further, as a Christian ministry, the college has the right to select those who serve in ministerial positions based on criteria established by the college.