Ozark Christian College
Ozark Christian College is a single-purpose Bible college in Joplin, Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, Missouri|
mail [email protected]
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Para Church Organizations, Christian School||OCC Dining Hall Line Cook||Paid Full-Time||N/A|
OCC Dining Hall Line Cook
- Non-exempt hourly
- Pay based on experience
The Dining Hall Line Cook prepares and presents great tasting food for all Dining Hall consumers. In cooperation with all Dining Hall staff, the cook will ensure that Ozark maintains the highest sanitation and safety standards as determined by Health Department regulations. The role of the cook is essential in serving the consumer safe and healthy meals as determined by the Dining Hall Director. This is a fast-paced role requiring a collaborative team spirit and strong leadership skills.
- Help plan, prepare, and execute great tasting, nutritious meals for the Ozark community—primarily students, but also staff, faculty, and outside guests
- Ensure all recipes, procedures, storage, labeling, rotation, and product specifications are followed daily to ensure guests dine on high-quality meals
- Ensure food is served with the highest quality in a timely fashion
- Maintain quantity and quality of all food being served according to the daily need as well as some banquet preparation for a larger scale of consumers
- Ensure a meticulously clean and safe food preparation area to be in accordance with all Health Department guidelines
- Manage student workers to keep on task and finish duties
- Inform the Dining Hall Director of equipment needs and repairs
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Recipe knowledge and comfortability to follow recipe directions at a fast pace
- Ability to multiply a recipe to increase the yield for events and larger luncheons
- Ability to adhere to all safety protocols in every aspect of food preparation and cooking
- Positive and optimistic approach to problem-solving
- Ability to gently but firmly lead others
- Ability to slice and dice foods with precision to ensure safety to oneself as well as others
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Diploma from a culinary school would yield a great advantage to the candidate
- Experience in using standard kitchen preparation items, including cutting tools, bakeware, and ovens
- Knowledge of cooking procedures/methods such as boiling, grilling, baking, and frying
- One year prior knowledge of various cooking and baking procedures and methods
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures to ensure clean work areas with little to no continued direction while maintaining all chemical safety protocol
- Collaborative team spirit and ability to resolve conflict quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly when giving direction
- Regularly stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle various kitchen objects, and engage in two-way communication
- Reach with hands and arms
- Carry varied weight amounts up to 50 pounds and continuously uses hand strength to grasp utensils and carry pots and pans
- Squat, stoop, kneel, reach above the head, and reach to the side and front
- Regularly bend and twist at the neck and trunk more than the average person
- Remain on their feet for extended times while maintaining a satisfactory speed of work
- Occasionally work with toxic chemicals such as degreasers and sprays and must be able to exercise extreme chemical safety to ensure their wellbeing as well as other staff
- Concentrate and remain on-task at all times while preparing meals in a moderate noise level work environment
Submit the OCC application along with a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
In compliance with the Clery Act, Ozark Christian College publishes annual reports containing information about crime prevention, reporting policies, crime statistics and other safety and security-related information. The College also maintains daily crime and fire logs. To view OCC’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report go to occ.edu/security. Hard copies are also available upon request at the Ozark Christian College Student Affairs Office (1111 North Main Street, Joplin, MO 64801).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER
Ozark Christian College is affiliated with Christian churches and churches of Christ. Its mission is to train men and women for Christian service. The college seeks to educate and hire individuals who share its core values to accomplish its mission. It is the intent of the college to create and promote a diverse workforce consistent with its stated goals and mission.
It is the policy of Ozark Christian College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in admission and access to educational opportunities, programs, activities, or employment as applicable to ministries in section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended and implementing regulations.
As a religious educational institution, Ozark Christian College reserves the right to make employment decisions based on religion, marital status, or sex consistent with the college’s religious beliefs. Further, as a Christian ministry, the college has the right to select those who serve in ministerial positions based on criteria established by the college.