Ozark Christian College
Ozark Christian College is a focused Bible college in southwest Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, Missouri United States|
mail [email protected]
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Christian School||OCC Counseling and Pastoral Care Faculty Program Coordinator||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
Position Title: Counseling and Pastoral Care Program Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Vice President of Academic Affairs/Academic Dean
The primary responsibility for this position is to oversee the continuing development of the Counseling and Pastoral Care Department. The program coordinator also teaches courses in the program.
B. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach a faculty workload of 22 hours per year. These would primarily be undergraduate hours. There may also be opportunities to teach in graduate studies.
- Collaborate with the Executive Vice President of Academics in hiring faculty (adjunct and otherwise) within the program.
- Recruit prospective students into the program through on and off-campus activities.
- Provide academic advising to students enrolled in the program (or coordinate with those who are doing advising in the program).
- Coordinate with the Academics Office regarding the scheduling of courses and faculty assignments for the major program along with changes in course requirements.
- Provide regular program review.
- Accept committee assignments, complete student learning assessments, and fulfill other special responsibilities.
- Post and maintain hours available for student consultation and/or counseling.
- Affirm agreement with and sign the Statement of Faith; abide by all of the policies and procedures in the OCC Personnel Handbook and Faculty Handbook.
C. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate and articulate Christian faith within an academically grounded counseling program in a Bible College setting.
D. Supervision (if applicable): none
E. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Preferred: a completed terminal degree in one of the following areas: psychology-related field, human services, clinical counseling, pastoral care, marriage and family or social work.
- Minimum: Ozark Christian College seeks faculty members who have had experience in ministry as well as an earned graduate degree with at least 18 hours in the area of their teaching. To meet the minimum qualification to teach in the area of professional studies, at least 7 years of experience may be considered in lieu of an earned graduate degree. Because we are training men and women for Christian service we need leaders who are fulfilled and effective in Christian service.
- We seek men and women who believe in New Testament Christianity and are actively worshiping and serving in a local congregation and whose moral and personal life is above reproach.
F. Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Any environmental demands would be those common to normal teaching duties in the classroom as well as typical office activity. This would include light lifting and activities that are not strenuous in nature.
This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position. Submit this OCC application along with a cover letter and resume to [email protected]