Ozark Christian College
Ozark Christian College is a single-purpose Bible college in Joplin, Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, Missouri|
mail [email protected]
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Para Church Organizations, Christian School||OCC Admissions Administrative Assistant||Paid Part-Time||20-30|
OCC Admissions Administrative Assistant (Part-Time)
Part-time (25-29 hours per week)
The administrative assistant’s responsibility is to process incoming application material(s) and inquiries and to assist in maintaining a clean database. The administrative assistant keeps the Ozark Admissions staff equipped with information to better serve prospective students and their families. Additionally, the administrative assistant will help the Admissions Department have a strong presence when OCC staff is traveling in order to maximize recruitment. This position is directly supervised by the Director of Admissions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and process all application/transcript materials (first-time freshman, transfer, reactivation, international students, online and graduate students)
- Have a working knowledge of the computer system regarding maintaining the Admissions files in order to maintain accurate student records, check for duplicate names and incorrect information, and seek new ways to improve the current process of processing
- Pack acceptance packages every week
- Create new physical folders and keep folders organized in the file cabinet
- Review and prepare files each semester before moving files to the Registrar’s Office
- Serve in customer service by answering phones, greeting guests, replying to emails, etc.
- Track contact with students, stage in admissions funnel, travel details, and other activities in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and keep detailed notes
- Assist in serving prospective students and their families while they are on campus.
- Use working knowledge about the college, including academic programs, campus events and activities, orientation, athletics, housing, financial aid, billing, college policy, and important college dates
- Meet biweekly with Director of Admissions to set goals for respective territories, receive feedback, and stay current with admissions policies
- Stay up-to-date with Admissions Department, Frontline, and faculty travel schedules
- Send postcards, posters, videos, and other materials to students/travel locations
- Communicate with representative(s) traveling and churches to make sure everything is set and everyone is on the same page
- Pack bags/totes with admissions materials/merch for booths
- Assist in vehicle reservations
- Reorganize and restock booth materials
- Sort and enter contact cards after events
- Send thank you notes to the event's main contact
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to clearly communicate and present information—publicly and interpersonally—and respond to questions from a wide array of constituents
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- High level of tact and kind demeanor at all times
- Strong problem-solving skills as evidenced by collecting and interpreting data, establishing facts, and drawing sound conclusions
- Comfortable contacting applicants to facilitate file completion and generate next steps for the prospective student
- Strong team player skills, genuine commitment, flexibility, reliability, and responsibility
- Active listener able to keep the team and supervisors informed
- Always ready to support and respect others
- Strong sense of customer service
- Motivated to achieve predetermined goals set by the Admissions leadership team
- Task-oriented, detail-oriented, and highly organized
- Strong computer skills (typing, internet usage, etc.) and an intermediate knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Google (Docs, Sheets, Drives, Gmail etc.)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred
- One year of previous experience in customer service and/or office environments
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Able to lift 50 pounds at times
- Able to work in a noisy environment
This is a part-time position. Submit the OCC application along with a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
In compliance with the Clery Act, Ozark Christian College publishes annual reports containing information about crime prevention, reporting policies, crime statistics and other safety and security-related information. The College also maintains daily crime and fire logs. To view OCC’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report go to occ.edu/security. Hard copies are also available upon request at the Ozark Christian College Student Affairs Office (1111 North Main Street, Joplin, MO 64801).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER
Ozark Christian College is affiliated with Christian churches and churches of Christ. Its mission is to train men and women for Christian service. The college seeks to educate and hire individuals who share its core values to accomplish its mission. It is the intent of the college to create and promote a diverse workforce consistent with its stated goals and mission.
It is the policy of Ozark Christian College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in admission and access to educational opportunities, programs, activities, or employment as applicable to ministries in section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended and implementing regulations.