Ozark Christian College
Ozark Christian College is a focused Bible college in southwest Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, Missouri United States|
mail [email protected]
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Christian School||OCC Administrative Assistant (Intercultural Studies Department)||Paid Part-Time||20-30|
OCC Intercultural Studies Administrative Assistant
- Part-time - 25 hours per week
- Non-exempt hourly
- 12.50 per hour worked
The Administrative Assistant will assist the department director as well as the faculty in the department. This is a highly visible position that interacts with departmental staff, faculty, various academic personnel, and students to ensure the department’s operations run smoothly. This position also serves the college by contributing to an atmosphere that is inviting, helpful, and service-focused for students.
- Support departmental course offerings for the Biblical Justice and Organization Leadership programs
- Set up courses and assignments and record class attendance and grading in Canvas
- Proctor tests as needed for department faculty
- Coordinate calendars and scheduling for department personnel
- Handle departmental budget tracking at the request of the director
- Supervise and support student assistants working for the department
- Mentor, train, and coach the student staff as they assist with grading for departmental faculty and Visiting Intercultural Professors (VIP)
- Collaborate with Student Activities Department, Events Department, or mission partners on events to raise awareness on cross-cultural experiences
- Global Awareness Day/Week
- International Conference on Missions (ICOM)
- Spring Break trips
- VIP Open House
- Collaborate with Communications Department to develop Summer Prayer Guide
- Ensure the Missions Building lobby coffee area is clean and stocked with supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to complete office tasks efficiently and effectively to ensure the department runs smoothly
- Able to work in a fast-paced office environment and maintain accuracy in all responsibilities
- Able to oversee student staff and devote time to training them in their role to assist the department
- Have a working knowledge of office applications such as Word, Excel, and Google Suite
- Familiar with computers and learning systems
- Have the ability to work from a computer screen for several hours per day while sitting at a desk
This position will supervise two to three student assistants.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have prior experience working in an office setting
- Must have two years prior experience in a supervisory role
- Prior experience in higher education is a plus
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Able to lift 15 pounds at times
This is a part-time position. Submit this OCC application along with a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER
Ozark Christian College is affiliated with Christian churches and churches of Christ. Its mission is to train men and women for Christian service. The college seeks to educate and hire individuals who share its core values to accomplish its mission. It is the intent of the college to create and promote a diverse workforce consistent with its stated goals and mission.
It is the policy of Ozark Christian College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in admission and access to educational opportunities, programs, activities, or employment as applicable to ministries in section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended and implementing regulations.
As a religious educational institution, Ozark Christian College reserves the right to make employment decisions based on religion, marital status, or sex consistent with the college’s religious beliefs. Further, as a Christian ministry, the college has the right to select those who serve in ministerial positions based on criteria established by the college.