New Testament Christian Church
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|4||200||Keokuk, IA USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (319) 524-8727
Keokuk, IA 52632
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Children's, Youth, Other||Family Life Minister||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
Our Family Minister will lead the ministries to birth through high school and their families. This individual should be passionate about young people learning what it means to pursue Jesus, as well as partnering with parents and volunteers to help them grow. They will have strategic oversight over the programs and volunteers in these areas as well as a "seat at the table" with regards to the overall ministry direction of the church. The Family Life Pastor will provide the leadership of the family ministry of The Vine. This includes pastoral care, program supervision, leadership development, and overseeing all spiritual instruction of children from birth through 12th grade. This position will eventually be split into two ministries as the church continues to grow. It will eventually be birth through 5th grade and 6th grade through 12th grade with an additional staff position being created.
- Implement strategies for ministry to kids and students including weekly programs, curriculum, special events, etc.
- Provide organizational/administrative leadership and coordination for these ministries
- Develop pastoral connections with the kids and students of our church
- Recruit, train, and oversee volunteers serving in Kids and Students ministries
- Be able to teach and delegate teaching to kids and students
- Connect and partner with parents and caregivers to equip them for spiritually investing in their kids
- Promote and advocate for Kids and Student ministries to the church as a whole
- Partner with our KDO Director (daycare) to make connections with the families whose kids attend daycare on our campus
- Develop relationships in the community that will allow us to serve and resource families outside of our church
- Assist in the development of annual budget for areas of oversight
- Collaborate with the church staff for ministry-specific and all church initiatives
- Attend and contribute to staff and board meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Pursuing Christ and growing as a follower of Jesus
- Passion for connecting with younger generations
- Vocational Ministry experience, education, or a combination of both preferred
- Excellent people skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to proactively engage with others
- Organized with the ability to prioritize and delegate
- Ability to appropriately handle personal information and keep confidentiality
- Willingness to recruit volunteers and request engagement
- Willingness to advocate for needs of areas of oversight
The Family Pastor Will:
- Lead and/or oversee Family Ministry Teams (Students, Children, Preschool, Nursery).
- Create and implement a long-term ministry path for students and families that inspires them towards a lasting relationship with Christ.
- Work closely with volunteer leaders to give children a safe environment at our church campus.
- Disciple Students through teaching and mentorship, not only at the church but also through the 3 high schools in Crawfordsville.
- Lead and/or plan youth services.
- Train and equip children/youth volunteers for Sunday morning and Sunday night services.
- Make personal connections with families.
- Plan and organize camps, retreats, & Vacation Bible School events.
- Competent and self-motivated in administrative duties for youth ministry.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]