Nevada First Baptist Church
Southern Baptist Church
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|8-10||200-300||Nevada, MO USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (417) 667-6036
Nevada, MO 64772
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Worship/Music||Worship Pastor||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
WORSHIP PASTOR MINISTRY DESCRIPTION First Baptist Church of Nevada, Missouri, 2023 Job Title: Worship Pastor Reports To: Senior Pastor Position Status: Full Time. There will be some flexibility in the exact makeup of the position depending upon the candidate’s specific calling, passions, gifts, experience, and education.
Purpose: The Worship Pastor is responsible to lead the congregation in worshiping God, but is primarily focused on the use of music as a means of worship. This will include Sunday services, holiday and special events, and other times that will be planned as a part of the ministerial staff team. His or her leadership will be important in establishing the worship ministry of the church, but he or she will minister as a part of a team to work together for the spiritual maturity of the entire congregation and for the glory of God. The Worship Pastor must be committed to the belief that worship is a key element in discipleship, and that it can also play an integral role in evangelism.
General The Worship Pastor shall…
- Give evidence of a vital, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be in broad harmony with the Baptist Faith & Message, 2002.
- Demonstrate a calling and giftedness to perform worship ministry in a church setting.
- Develop an annual plan, budget, and calendar to accomplish the goals of the worship ministry.
- Work with a positive attitude as a team-player with the staff. This will mean participation in broader church events as time allows, such as holiday events and Vacation Bible School.
- As duties at the church permit, participate in local interchurch and associational activities.
- Maintain personal time to support and care for his or her own family.
- Communicate often with the pastor about needs and concerns regarding the worship ministry, the broader ministries of the church, and the needs of his or her own family.
- As the current structure of Sunday worship includes a traditional and a contemporary service.
- Recruit and lead instrumentalists and choir for traditional worship. These servants may be asked to contribute to other events, such as Christmas Eve or Easter Sunrise services.
- Recruit and lead a praise band for contemporary worship. Again, these servants may also be asked to contribute to other events.
- Organize, schedule, and lead the traditional and contemporary services, including the occasional combined (blended) service. This includes scheduling those who work in the audio-visual center.
- As time allows, participate in and offer leadership in the broader life of the church, such as Sunday School and holiday events.
- Audio-visual and technical assistance. FBC is looking for someone with skills, or with a willingness to acquire skills, to contribute to audio-visual ministries like preparing slide presentations and other technical needs of the church. Great care will be taken so that these responsibilities do not infringe upon the worship pastor’s primary duties in leading the church in worship.
Other responsibilities may be agreed upon in consultation with the senior pastor.
Cover Letter & Resume