Mt. Vernon Christian Church
MVCC is a little over 20 years old. We are a debt-free church with a modern facility for worship and classes. Our average attendance has grown from the pandemic to about 100 regular attendees on Sunday Mornings. MVCC has recently started attracting young married and young families from the community and we need a Family Pastor who will create a path for parents to responsibly shepherd their families in a knowledge and relationship with Jesus by providing resources, guidance, and next steps in their discipleship journey. MVCC offers a competitive salary for our Family Pastor that includes a one-bedroom home with a yard, utilities and yard work included. The home is next to the church building and the parsonage where the Lead Pastor lives.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|2||100||Mt. Vernon, MO United States|
mail [email protected]
Mt. Vernon, MO 65712
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Other||Family Pastor||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
The Family Pastor will:
- Recruit, train, and retain servant leaders (teachers, assistants, group leaders) for all students, teens, children, preschool, and nursery.
- Create and implement a long-term ministry path for families that inspires them to live the values and priorities of God in a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Create and maintain safety standards and a safe experience for families.
- Disciple teen students through teaching and mentorship and recruit, train and retain other Christ-centered adults to do the same.
- Encourage students to serve in ministry and collaborate with staff and church leaders to create ministry opportunities.
- Encourage students to consider full-time ministry careers.
- Make connections with parents and communicate regularly through church CRM, FB, website, texts and/or emails, phone calls, and personal one on one conversations.
- Plan and implement camps, retreats, and/or other events during the summer for all teen and child students.
- Lead teen students on short-term mission experiences.
- Be competent in administrative duties.
- Be willing to cooperate with staff and leadership for other duties as needed.
- Collaborate with staff on daily or weekly tasks, meet with the Church board, and pray regularly for the church and our mission to love God, love others, and share the Gospel of Jesus.
What our Family Pastor will Bring: Education Requirements • The ideal person will have a Bachelor of Arts in Christian Ministry or a related degree. This is preferred but not required to apply. Experience • The ideal person will have at least 2 years of full-time experience in Student or Children's Ministry or have at least 3 years of supervised intern experience. Some experience is preferred but not required to apply. Personal Character and Professional Skills • A passion for equipping parents to be the primary spiritual provider for their family to shepherd their own family and to share the gospel within their sphere of influence. • A passion to multiply yourself, to develop disciples who disciple. • A passion to connect Jesus' followers to their God-given gifts and talents to discover the ministry they are called to. • A passion to organize, inspire and mobilize your ministry team to fulfill God’s vision for the church to make disciples of Jesus. • A passion to communicate and live out the mission of Jesus to love God, love others, and share the Gospel. • A passion for the doctrinal beliefs of the church. • A passion to live a Christ-centered lifestyle.