Mountainside Community Church
Mountainside Community Church is a young church, 5 years old, with a warm and welcoming multi-generational congregation. A small church with a big mission, we are helping people find and follow Jesus. We are casual and informal, people who are intentional about maturing and loving people well. Mountainside averages 70 people in attendance on Sunday mornings, with nearly 70 people in small groups meeting throughout the week. Planted in 2018 by Waypoint Church Partners, Mountainside is in the transition phase from an external oversight team to a local leadership team of Elders. Mountainside’s founding pastor is leaving on very good terms. Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains at an elevation of 3,300 feet, Boone is the textbook definition of God’s country! With backcountry hiking trials in the Summer and snow skiing in the Winter, Boone sports a distinctive outdoor culture. Boone is located in northwest North Carolina, 2 hours from Charlotte and Asheville. The Watauga County school district was recently ranked 5th in the state of North Carolina. Boone is home to the 18,000 students of Appalachian State University. The historic downtown area provides a variety of shopping, arts, and eateries. A town for all four seasons, Boone is a welcoming place, a good place to make your hometown.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|2-3||70||Boone, VA United States|
mail [email protected]
phone (804) 690-7919
Fort Defiance, VA 24437
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Preaching/Senior||Senior Minister||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
Lead Minister Job Description:
- To nurture and grow your relationship with Christ to be a spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically healthy leader, husband, and father.
- To work and pray together with local leadership in guiding strategic plans for Mountainside’s evangelism, discipleship, next generations, and developing leaders.
- To model a life of a disciple who makes disciples, and to nurture a relational community—the vehicle for discipleship.
- Provide oversight to paid staff and work towards their development.
- Provide oversight to all aspects of Sunday morning gatherings, and be responsible for the messages and teachings (whether individually or through a communications team) that honor the command of Scriptures to publicly preach the Word.
- Coordinating shepherding care with elders, small group leaders, teachers, and directing regular training and equipping of elders and small group leaders.
- Communicating a clear pathway to all people from new infant in Christ to a spiritually reproducing parent; working with others in establishing training and equipping for each spiritual stage.
- Leading regular meeting with hired staff.
- Leading regular meeting with small group leaders.
- Meeting regularly in accountability with the Oversight Team (local elders), to give current status on personal life and ministry of the church.
- Sharing reflection on past, present, and future events to inform how to pray and plan.
- To seek God together on “What’s next?”
Education, Experience, & Skills:
- A vision and commitment to disciple-making and developing people.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree (preferred from Bible College or seminary).
- Strong communication skills and experience preaching & teaching.
- Leadership experience within Independent Christian Churches.
- Experience in leading training & equipping through classes or discipleship relationships.
*Instead of sending a resume, email [email protected] and request a Ministry Prospects Questionnaire by May 31st. Indicate it is for Mountainside Church. Candidates MUST demonstrate experience leading in an Independent Christian Church, from the "Restoration Movement" family of churches.