Journey Church is a non-denominational church with a baptist background located in Marshalltown, IA, which is about an hour outside of Des Moines, IA. The church is led by Senior Pastor Jacob Rahrig who was hired as the Senior Pastor around 4 years ago. The church currently has one service that is offered at 10:00a, which has a modern worship style. Attendance runs around 400 each Sunday for their main worship service. The church is offering in-person and online live-streaming options for their Sunday morning experiences, with kids ministries meeting in-person as well. Birth-4th grade can see anywhere between 60-100 kids on a Sunday morning. The church also runs the community Awana program on Wednesday nights which can see another 120 kids each week.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|N/A||400||Marshalltown, IA United States|
mail [email protected]
phone (614) 551-3989
Marshalltown, IA 50158
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Worship/Music||Children's Director||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/journeykids
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Children’s Director to oversee the vision and direction of their children’s ministries. The desire is to see a strong, thriving, fun, and fruitful kids ministry that is gospel-focused with equipped and confident leaders. This position oversees kids 4th grade and below. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity to develop culture and grow the children’s ministry. Below are the requirements and responsibilities Froot Group has identified for this role:
- Oversee and create a Gospel-centered worship experience on Sunday mornings for children ages birth – 4th grade.
- Organize and oversee the Wednesday night Awana Program during the school year.
- Oversee and implement a theologically sound curriculum for teaching children, birth-4th grade, with innovative and grade-appropriate approaches.
- Coordinate, develop, and raise up volunteers for Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights.
- Develop strategy and implement appropriate events (i.e., appreciation events, connecting activities, training opportunities, camp, milestone events) that emphasize Journey Church’s vision for children’s ministry.
- Communicate the church’s approved safety policy to all volunteers using necessary steps to put the policy into practice.
- Build relationships with parents/families.
- Oversee budget, recording expenditures.
- Recruit volunteers for all programs and activities as needed.
- Team player in all church events.
- Willing to serve as needed in other areas of ministries as assigned by the Senior Pastor to meet the mission and vision of the church as a whole.
Skills and Qualifications: Has a mature and thriving relationship with Jesus. Has a desire and passion to teach and mentor children and volunteers in biblical truth. Ability to lead, teach and shepherd children, parents, and volunteers. Ability to create a serving culture that adds and empowers leaders to serve. Willingness to use technology to help the church further its ministry goals. Ability to engage people of all generations in the ministry of the church. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. A commitment to the mission and values of Journey Church. Strong relationship skills with a team-player and servant-heart mentality. A healthy balance of work and rest in their life. Experience: Minimum 2 years ministry experience in some sort of capacity serving in children’s ministry. Education: Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required. To apply, email your resume to Meggan at [email protected]