Jill’s House is a Christian non-profit organization that loves and serves families raising children, adolescents, and young adults (ages 6-22) with intellectual disabilities through short-term, overnight respite care and holistic family support services. At Jill's House, all families (regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, or any other characteristic) will be unconditionally welcomed, served, and loved. To learn more, please visit our website at jillshouse.org.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|120||N/A||Vienna, VA US|
mail [email protected]
phone (703) 639-5660
Vienna, VA 22182
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Other||Direct Support Professional Fellowship||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
As a Fellow you will:
- Receive paid training and spend the majority of your week working directly with kids with intellectual disabilities. You will be the hands and feet of Jesus as you engage them in a wide variety of fun activities and assist them with activities of daily living as needed. Jill's House Fellows typically work about 44 hours per week.
- Be paid to participate in professional and spiritual development events which historically have included hearing from professionals working in a variety of disability fields, visiting facilities catering to those with special needs, attending seminars on personal finance, resume building and networking, and engaging in group Bible studies.
- Be given the opportunity to join social outings that allow you to bond with other fellows, see our Nation’s Capital and explore the sites and experiences that Northern Virginia has to offer.
Primary Responsibilities as a Jill's House Fellow Include:
- Leading a group of 1-4 clients through their scheduled activities at our Jill's House respite facility
- Following an individualized service plan to provide customized care for each client in your group
- Providing a safe, fun, and positive experience for your clients
- Documenting details related to each client's stay
- Collaborating with coworkers & supervisors to provide the best client experience
- Interacting with the families of the clients we serve
- Working with various departments within Jill’s House on administrative tasks
3 Start Dates Available
Optional Start Dates and Application Deadlines:
Winter 2023 – Start Date: Tuesday, January 10, 2023 / Application Deadline: December 5, 2022
Spring 2023 – Start Date: Monday, June 5, 2023 / Application Deadline: April 30, 2023
Fall 2023 - Start Date: Tuesday, September 5, 2023 / Application Deadline: June 15, 2023
This is a one-year commitment.
The Jill’s House Fellowship is a program for current college graduates to gain experience in their field of study and to make a true difference in the lives of others. In addition to hourly pay, Fellows live in paid, fully furnished housing, and participate in sponsored social, professional, and spiritual development outings.