Hopevale is a non-denominational church inviting people from all backgrounds to know and follow Jesus. As one church in two locations (Saginaw and Bay City), we are a dynamic, relevant, and growing congregation of 2,000 in the Great Lakes Bay Region of mid-Michigan. Our church family is multigenerational, our worship is contemporary, our outreach is missional, and our ministry is shared by all. The diversity of our community is increasingly reflected in the people who are drawn to worship, serve, and lead at Hopevale.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|N/A||2000||Saginaw, MI United States|
mail [email protected]
phone (281) 728-1387
Saginaw, MI 48603
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Preaching/Senior||Senior Pastor||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
About the Senior Pastor: The ideal candidate for the position of Senior Pastor at Hopevale Church will be a spiritually mature leader and have a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ. This individual will be responsible for:
- Providing spiritual leadership to fulfill the mission and realize the vision and effectively communicate the Word of God through a solid biblically-based preaching ministry.
- He will demonstrate strong leadership skills by collaboratively working with the Senior leadership, Staff, and Elder Board.
- Being a visionary leader and model of Christ-centered leadership for the congregation and the community.
The Senior Pastor's Responsibilities include:
Programming and Content Creation:
- Model the spiritual disciplines of prayer and Bible study, as part of the creative service planning process.
- Create and implement Biblical teaching direction for main worship services, celebrating the hope of Jesus whenever the church gathers.
- Serve as primary teacher for worship services (preaching approx. 35 weekends/yr).
- Identify and develop upfront, gifted teachers as part of teaching team rotation.
- Collaborate with the Worship Pastor and Creative Media team in service creation, execution, and evaluation.
- Work with Creative Ministries (Media and Worship) in the creation of supporting content, resources and experiences, to supplement weekly teaching.
Leadership and Vision:
- Serve as primary vision caster through worship services and other communication channels.
- Act as “front face” and “first voice.”
- Lead the conversation on mission and vision.
- Work with the Executive Pastor (XP) to establish the culture and “guard” the values and DNA of Hopevale.
- Serve on the Hopevale Elder Board. Partner with Elder Chairman and XP to develop the annual Elder agenda and implement it in accordance with the church calendar. Work with the Elder Chairman to direct the Elder Board in spiritual leadership, congregational shepherding, doctrinal oversight, and business management. Work together with the XP to build leadership bridges between the Elder Board and staff. Establish financial priorities with the XP and the Elder Board. Work with senior staff to bring the annual church budget and other financial recommendations to the Elder Board. Lead Hopevale staff, in partnership with XP and Director of Finance/Operations (DFO).
Shepherding and Relational Ministry:
- Shepherd the staff in partnership with XP and DFO.
- Shepherd the Elder Board members, in partnership with the Elder Chairman.
- Mentor pastors and key ministry staff in spiritual and professional development.
- Disciple key leaders within the church family, with focus on potential future Elders.
- Build bridges into the Great Lakes Bay Region through relationships in the community.
- Participate in pastoral care ministry as needed and appropriate (e.g., pastoral counseling, hospital visits, weddings, and funerals).
What You Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required with a Seminary degree strongly preferred.
- 7+ years of pastoral ministry and 5+ years of senior leadership experience strongly preferred.
- Multi-site matrixed leadership experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven team builder with the ability to gain buy-in from staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a fruitful teaching ministry, including the development of a teaching team.
- Ability to identify, recruit and develop leaders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – to be used in a variety of settings, including formal presentations and large community gatherings, and 1-on-1 meetings.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications:
- An authentic, growing relationship with Jesus Christ (I Tim 3:1-7; Titus 1: 6-9) in the workplace, at home, and in personal life.
- Evidence of the fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5: 22-23), and a spiritual maturity consistent with teaching and leadership.
- A person of prayer and of the Word, sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit at Hopevale.
- In wholehearted agreement with Hopevale’s Statement of Faith.
- Meeting the biblical requirements for Elders (I Tim 3:1-7; Titus 1: 6-9).
What it's Like to Live in the Great Lakes Bay Region:
- Saginaw and Bay City are located in the central portion of Michigan's Lower Peninsula and are part of a larger region called the Great Lakes Bay Region (GLBR). With easy access to Lake Huron, the GLBR is a gateway to all five Great Lakes. The area surrounding Hopevale's campuses boasts a population of over 500,000 and is home to Saginaw Valley State University, Delta College, Central Michigan University’s College of Medicine, and Northwood University. The region offers award winning schools. Global businesses such as Dow, Nexteer, and Hemlock Semiconductor are headquartered in the area. A thriving medical community is under continuing expansion. Residents of the GLBR enjoy an affordable housing market and a below average cost of living. Entertainment and performance venues include theaters, museums, local sports teams, parks, biking/hiking trails and sandy beaches. Families can enjoy free and affordable fun in a four-season environment that includes farms, festivals, and community events. Within ten minutes of either Hopevale campus, one can access local restaurants and small shops, as well as I-75 for travels through Michigan. The GLBR offers great amenities with a small-town feel. People come to settle and stay, eager to call this wonderful area "home."
Apply at this link: https://www.vanderbloemen.com/job/hopevale-church-senior-pastor Have a resume ready.