First Church of Christ
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|6||300||Xenia, OH USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (937) 372-7687
Xenia, OH 45385
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Children's||Children's Director||Paid Part-Time, Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
Could be one full-time, or two part-time positions. Hours: 40 hours if full time, or 20-25 hours for part time depending upon skill set/needs.
General Position Information: Are you interested in making a difference for the future? The Xenia First Church of Christ (FCC) is seeking an energetic full-time, or two part-time Children’s Director(s) to help assure our children are introduced to the love, forgiveness and grace granted to us by our Lord Jesus Christ. In a world that is currently broken, we believe anyone can make a difference, and there is no better place to focus than with our children. Our FCC mission is to reach the broken, teach the saved, and then repeat the process. One iteration at a time, we will change lives both inside and outside our church. We hope you would like to be part of our journey!
Based upon the experience and skill sets of the applicants we receive, we will craft the job position to best fit you, and then we will work with you to develop a strategy for how you and our highly capable volunteers can maximize the learning potential of our children. The Children’s Director position(s) reports directly to our Executive Minister, and the position(s) will have flexible schedule arrangements. Salary/hourly pay rate dependent upon education, experience, and leadership.
- Lead the discipling of our children from the ages of birth to 5th grade
- Develop the vision for a vibrant Children’s Ministry that will encompass children’s teaching curriculum, the role of volunteers, and strategies that allow our children to experience God and grow in their faith
- Recruit/develop a dynamic leadership team of volunteers through providing resources, discipling, training, and implementing volunteer recognition/appreciation efforts
- Order, organize, and prepare weekly teaching materials/supplies for the staff of volunteer teachers
- Develop social media and communication methods to expand FCC outreach to youth within our community, and to keep families engaged and informed of current programs and events
- Oversee and staff volunteers for FCC’s nursery to ensure the loving care of our infant children
- Conduct outreach efforts to support new families/mothers within our community
- Actively work towards helping every child grow in their faith and share with others
- Assist parents in becoming involved with the spiritual formation of their child’s life
- Always promote a safe environment for our children during church sponsored activities
- Annually develop and oversee the Children’s Ministry budget so it effectively and wisely utilizes church resources and maximizes ministry opportunity
- Continue to grow spiritually and professionally through reading, listening to training resources, attending worship, taking classes, and attending any conferences and seminars applicable.
Candidates for this position should be passionate followers of Jesus Christ who love to teach and disciple children. They should also have a keen desire to see children and their families grow closer in Christ; and have a personal goal to be an example for others to follow. While we are seeking a college graduate in children’s ministry or education, others will be considered. Applicants will also be required to pass a Child Care Background (CCB) check. Interested candidates may send their questions and resumes specifying interest in a full-time, part-time, or either position to Mr. Eric Stringer, Executive Minister, by email ([email protected]) or mail (First Church of Christ, ATTN: Eric Stringer, 441 Ledbetter Rd., Xenia, OH 45385).