First Church of Christ
Our leadership, staff, volunteers and members work together to reach our community and one another in three main ways. Our desire is to CONNECT, GROW, and SERVE. We hope to CONNECT people to Christ, GROW together in Christ, and to SERVE Christ by serving others.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|2||70||Georgetown, IL USA|
mail [email protected]
phone 1 (217) 662-2106
Georgetown, IL 61846
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Preaching/Senior||Lead Pastor||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
We are small-but-mighty church in East Central Illinois looking for our next senior leader! After 20 years of being led by the same Lead Pastor and a few staff changes, First Church of Christ in Georgetown, IL is looking for a new Lead Pastor. Our pre-covid attendance was around 200 and our current weekly attendance is around 80 people. Our current staff includes a full-time Youth Minister and an Office Integrator. We are looking for someone with strong preaching and leadership skills ready to lead us into the future.
Our ideal Lead Pastor...
- Is a leader of leaders, able to teach, motivate, encourage, and challenge leaders in personal discipleship.
- Preaches the Word of God for the purpose of life change and is ultimately responsible for all corporate worship services of the church
- Works in conjunction with all ministries
- Assists with clearly communicating the vision, strategies, and goals of FCOC to the congregation.
- Oversees and inspires the training of church staff, the Leadership Team, ministry leaders, and the church body to effectively minister to the community.
- Is responsible for the recruiting, selecting, and hiring of all staff.
- Works directly with the elders to establish goals and job descriptions for all staff, evaluating personnel and performance on a semi-annual basis.
- Reports to, and maintains a close liaison with, the eldership regarding staff needs, concerns, and all information important to maintaining effective communication between the staff and elders.
For additional information or to apply for this position, please go to the link provided in the full job description.