First Baptist Church
First Baptist Church is located in southeast Montana, in the small town of Plevna. We are a vibrant, healthy, financially sound body of believer's prayerfully seeking a Senior Pastor to lead and serve with us. Our close knit and stable church community desires to become more mature in our walk with the Savior and to reach our community with the good news, leading them to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. In addition, we enjoy a local public school that retains conservative principles of bygone days. The worship and educational facilities are excellent. We have invested in adequate sound and video for the sanctuary and classrooms. We have an active Sunday school, Youth, and Kids club outreach program, as well as strong commitments to worldwide missions. Guided by the wisdom of the Holy Spirit, we have built a solid foundation for this church to grow. Now, we are looking for someone to lead our congregation.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|N/A||50-80||Plevna, MT USA|
Plevna, MT 59344
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Preaching/Senior||Senior Pastor||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
Gifts and Skills:
The pastor we seek has a growing, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ. He meets the Biblical qualifications for leadership (1 Tim. 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4)
- Has family priorities and relationship in order. In addition, we seek a pastor who lives life to the full and is a life-long learner. To this end, First Baptist expects its pastor to maintain a balanced personal and professional development program.
- Is an energetic visionary, with strong interpersonal and communication skills, who listens to the hearts of the people.
- As the spiritual leader of our congregation, we desire our pastor to be a communicator who is committed to careful preparation, exposition, and application of Scripture in the preaching and teaching ministry of the church.
- We desire a pastor who will model God’s desire to use us to expand His kingdom beyond our four walls. One who is committed to equipping our people for the work of ministry and who will cast a clear vision to accomplish work that is Holy Spirit empowered.
- We seek a Pastor who will love and lead us in his roles of servant, supporter, advocate, and administrator.
- We desire an authentic relationship with our Pastor and one another. We aspire through our services and ministries, to spread the love of Christ throughout our community.
- The Senior Pastor, as the team leader, will provide direction to the overall ministry of the church.
- Facilitate the Deacons in setting spiritual direction and shepherding the congregation.
- Casts and communicate a clear vision for the church with reasonable objectives.
- Oversees the churches’ relationship with the North American Baptist Conference.
- Oversee the worship service, the educational and outreach efforts.
- Oversees and participates in the services of: dedication of children; believer’s baptism; communion; church partnership; pastoral care; counseling; funerals; weddings.
- Presents monthly report at the Deacon Board meeting.
- Represents the church in local pastors’ groups and community organizations.
Qualifications: - Bachelors degree preferred, background and experience considered. - Ability to communicate concisely and clearly in written and verbal form. - Ability to recruit, motivate, and involve others in planning, decision-making, and implementation. - Ability to Preach and Teach the Gospel in a way which makes it accessible to new people, yet invites all to a growing maturity in faith, discipleship, and mission. If you would like to know more about First Baptist Church and are considering whether God may be calling us together, please email your resume and any other related information to us and we will contact you. You may contact Don Winters, Interim (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Steve Losing, Church Chairman (Losingit@midrivers.com).