Fairfield Community Church
The Fairfield Community consists of about 1,000 people and the Church is an active non-denominational congregation of 100-125 people with a 6-person Board of Elders. The church provides the lead pastor with a 4-bedroom 2-bath parsonage 2 blocks from the church. The congregation is supportive, engaged and committed to Jesus Christ and His church. Salary is commensurate with experience. A part-time youth pastor is on staff.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|2 (part-time)||80-100||Fairfield, ID USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (208) 358-6439
Fairfield, ID 83327
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Preaching/Senior||Senior Pastor||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
Fairfield Community Church (FCC), is a non-denominational church located in Camas County, Fairfield, Idaho and is currently seeking an experienced pastor to be the spiritual leader of our congregation. The lead pastor is responsible for moving the congregation toward the fulfillment of God’s great commission and should have an unwavering faith and an active relationship with Jesus Christ dedicated to discipling others in their relationship with Christ.
Provide strong leadership and oversight to the ministry of the Church in concert with the Board of Elders. The primary objective of the head pastor is to cultivate spiritual growth equipping the church body for ministry, to impact the Fairfield community for Christ and augment the missions’ outreach of the church. Fairfield is a small community requiring the FCC pastor to actively engage the community. Directly responsible to the Board of Elders. Must demonstrate appropriate respect to church bylaws and decisions from the Board of Elders. Annual written and oral evaluations will be conducted by the lay members of the Board of Elders.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Preach & teach the word of God each week
- Create a discipleship process to identify and equip future leaders
- Equip and shepherd the body for spiritual growth and service
- Provide pastoral care for congregation and its membership
- Visit the congregation to understand individual needs
- Provide counseling, child dedications, hospital/shut in visitation, weddings, funerals, baptisms and other areas of pastoral care
- Motivate, strengthen, and uplift the various ministries of the Church
- Attend regular Elder & Church Meetings
- Provide day-to-day operational leadership
- Godly Character: Possess the character outlined in I Timothy 3 & Titus 1, marked by genuineness, humility & family leadership. Has a heart for evangelism and discipleship.
- Appropriate Theological Education & Church Experience: Minimum Degree from biblically based institution. Sees the Word of God as inerrant, literal and fundamental to nurturing a church body. Experience in church leadership required.
- Acceptance of the Fairfield Community Church Statement of Faith: Committed to the vision of FCC and have a passion for loving Jesus and loving people.
- Experience as a leader in a growing church
- Serving in ministry for 5+ years
- Will embrace a small, rural community seeking to shepherd his flock.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter. Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.