|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|12||1200||Cheyenne, WY US|
mail [email protected]
phone (307) 635-1316
Cheyenne, WY 82009
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Worship/Music||Worship Director||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities:
1. Primary worship leader for the congregation, moving towards oversight and leadership and away from execution:
- Build, direct, coordinate and develop the bands of Element Church.
- Develop additional worship leaders for Element Church.
- Prepare for and manage the song-selection team meetings.
- Perform ongoing evaluations and maintain standards for all band members.
- Ensure the band and background singers are equipped and prepared.
- “Run” the band portion of practice and run-through.
- Lead worship, and empower others to lead worship with excellence.
- Develop a schedule, post chord charts, MP3s and other necessary elements for the band each week.
- Pour into the band members, creating a family environment where discipleship is a key component each week and during the weeks.
2. Be active in the creative process at Element Church:
- Participate in all production and creative meetings. Includes, but not limited to, assisting in the overall programming and execution of creative elements in the worship experience (props, songs, video elements, lyrics, etc), as well as shaping the overall Sunday experience for our guests.
- Stay current with culture as it relates to design and style in both the church and the general market.
- Develop innovative methods to take Element Church worship to the next level.
- Be available for additional projects on an as-needed basis (Night of Worship, Volunteer Leadership Summit, etc.)
- Work, in conjunction with the Production department, to develop and implement an excellent worship experience each and every week.
- Protect the “brand” of Element Church as it pertains to look and feel in all design areas.
- This position reports to the Creative Arts Pastor.
- This position supervises the worship team for Sunday Worship Experiences, communications, and similar.
- While not specifically related to the job, here are some personal responsibilities of everyone on staff at Element Church.
- Maintain God-ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, family second, ministry third.
- Give at least 10% of your income to the vision of Element Church.
- Be loyal to the vision and staff of Element Church and always protect the unity of the church.
- Pray regularly for the ministry.
- Disciple top-level leaders in order to equip them to do the same for their leaders.
- Foster a volunteer environment of gratitude, appreciation, and joy.
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to Element Church.
Education & Experience:
- Experience leading worship and leading teams.
- Experience in equipping disciples, particularly in the area of worship ministry.
- Proficient in one lead rhythmic instrument (electric guitar, piano, acoustic guitar).
- Vocally proficient, able to sing lead melody and harmonies, able to teach others harmonies as well.
- Ministry degree is not required, but is preferred.
- Experience building tracks and using programs such as Ableton, Logic Pro, etc. preferred.
- This is a full-time, salaried position around 45 hours a week.
The Worship Director of Element Church will oversee the worship service experience each weekend. They will provide leadership and oversight to volunteers working on the Sunday worship experience as needed.
The Worship Director will be responsible to disciple, raise up and equip leaders, and be in charge of the spiritual development of the band. This includes devotions, both scheduling band members as well as teaching themselves, periodically checking in with band members on spiritual/physical/social wellness. Our culture is about valuing our people for who they are as Godly men and women and leaders first, more than it is about being a musician or a means to an end for a Sunday service. Having talent to sing and play are important and necessary, but those things will not be what defines our worship culture at Element Music.
Please go to this link and fill out the form to apply. Job experience listed at the link and in job description. https://elementchurchwy.churchcenter.com/people/forms/550088