Culver Christian Church
Culver Christian Church is 110 years old with a pre COVID shutdown attendance of approximately 100+ attenders, including children. We are located in a rural setting. We have an active children’s ministry, youth ministry, men’s and women’s ministry. Sunday worship services are Bible based. We have had both a traditional and contemporary service in the past, but currently only offer a rather traditional service. Our mission is to Love God & Love People. We accomplish this by Maturing in Christ, finding Ministry through Christ and by being on Mission for Christ. Our prayer is to faithfully follow Christ sharing the gospel message with everyone. We would like to add emphasis toward young families and youth. We are a stable congregation with pastors who have enjoyed significant tenure while serving at this Church and in our community. Please see our Church website at; www.culverchristianchurch.com for additional information on Culver Christian Church. Also, to find area information the City of Culver’s website at: www.cityofculver.net, Jefferson County Oregon’s website at: www.jeffco.net and Culver School District website at www.culver.k12.or.us for additional information on the area. There are several links attached to them.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|1 full time||100+ (pre-COVID)||Culver, OR USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (541) 419-4225
Culver, OR 97734
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Preaching/Senior||Senior Pastor||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
Our beloved Pastor passed away in May which leads us to our current search. We are searching for a Senior Pastor to serve in a leadership structure, as an elder, with the elder board.
We’re looking for a God-called Christian pastor who can lead our church into the future with conviction, vision, and humility. An ideal candidate will: live in the community, have experience leading other churches of our size, demographic makeup, and theological commitments. This candidate will also be an engaging, biblically faithful teacher who can relate to people of different ethnic, socio-economic, and generational backgrounds.
- Serve as the spiritual leader of the church.
- Work with the Worship Leader to plan the worship services of the church.
- Provide overall vision for the direction of the ministry. (Jesus sets the vision -we as a church follow it)
- Operate as the church’s primary Bible teacher and preacher, responsible for the regular Bible teaching ministry of the church.
- With the support of the elders, serve as the overseer for day to day operations of the church staff.
- Conduct weddings, funerals, and baptisms according to the doctrinal commitments of our church as needed. Inform church secretary of those who need to be added to the members/baptism book. Keep personal log of baptisms and those who join the church.
- Spend an appropriate amount of time in study and prayer in preparation for teaching opportunities.
- Serve as a leader by example in personal discipleship, stewardship, evangelism, and missions.
- Meet with the church’s board on a regular basis to stat current on the spiritual, organizational, and financial health of the congregation.
- Develop relationships with other churches and organizations in our community consistent with our church’s mission and values.
- When needed, provide biblical counsel to members and friends of the church on how to live biblically faithful lives.
- Co-ordinate the weekly Lord’s Supper/Communion with the elders.
- Serve as an elder and ex-officio member of all church committees and teams.
- Ensure ongoing ministry to homebound and nursing home church members.
- Work with the Elders to lead all staff retreats and leadership development.
- Other duties as assigned and as they arise.
Senior Pastor Requirements:
- B.A. in Bible or master’s degree preferred.
- Prefer 7 years of pastoral ministry experience (at least 3 years experience in preaching).
- Significant experience in and demonstrated proclivity toward leadership.
- Commitment to serve within the church’s current denominational and interdenominational partnerships.
- Understanding of and willingness to minister within the church’s statement of beliefs.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
- Experience managing teams in either the church or business world.
- Willingness to use technology to help the church further its ministry goals.
- Able to speak the truth in love and deal wisely with conflicts amongst the staff and the broader church.
- A calling to pastoral ministry.
Salary and benefits to be discussed, commensurate upon experience.
Culver Christian Church is requesting interested persons send a resume complete with references (let us know if we may contact them or notify you prior to contact) to [email protected] This is the first step in our hiring process. After screening the resume the Pastor Selection will contact you regarding the next step in the process. Salary and benefits to be discussed; commensurate with experience. For personal contact call Mark Hagman, Pulpit committee Chairman at (541) 419-4225. For resume or email correspondence send to [email protected] or mail to Culver Christian Church P.O. Box 87 Culver, OR 97734.