Christian Church of Olney
Our mission is to know Christ, grow in Christ and show Christ. We are here to seek and build relationships with Jesus and spread the good news and teachings, as He commands us.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
mail [email protected]
phone (618) 393-6421
Olney, IL 62450
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Preaching/Senior||Lead Minister||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
- Prepare and preach Sunday morning messages from the Word of God that are relevant, challenging, and inspirational.
- Lead Wednesday evening Bible study.
- Officiate weddings, funerals, and other special services.
- Develop and implement a calling plan that includes home, hospital, nursing home visitations, and reaching out to non-participating and former members.
- Active in community outreach, with visibility and participation in community events.
- Hold regular and consistent church office work hours.
- Lead and mentor the ministry staff ensuring that responsibilities are being met as well as providing support and encouragement in their ministries.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Eldership in carrying out the vision and direction of the church.
- Bachelor's degree from a Christian Church Bible College is required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of pulpit preaching experience.
- Must be an effective and articulate communicator and speaker.
- Be able to communicate with and build relationships with all age groups.
- Must possess strong, proven leadership skills.
Please send a cover letter, resume and a statement of faith (primary doctrinal beliefs) to the attached email.