Center for Youth Ministry Training
The Center for Youth Ministry Training equips youth and children's ministers through our partnership with Austin Seminary to offer a debt-free Master's degree, housing, utilties, a living stipend and job placement as a Youth or Children's Minister.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|N/A||N/A||Brentwood, TN United States|
mail [email protected]
phone (615) 823-7595
Brentwood, TN 37027
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Children's, Youth, Para Church Organizations, Camp Ministry||Graduate Resident Youth or Children's Minister||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
General Overview of Job Duties:
- Oversee the youth or children’s ministry program, providing strategic leadership to all weekly gatherings, monthly events, and regular trips.
- Recruit, train, and work with a volunteer Ministry Team to organize and implement the work of the ministry.
- Call on and meet regularly with youth and parents to involve them in the ministry.
- Publicize all events to the larger community.
- Make a special effort to get youth/children’s members and visitors involved in the ministry.
- Work closely with the staff, on calendaring and planning events to avoid scheduling conflicts.
- Participate in the weekly staff meetings, ministry team meetings, etc.
- Train volunteers annually on child protection policies and ensure that the policies are observed with all volunteers and staff.
- Develop the youth/children’s budget line items annually. Observe financial policies on expense reporting. Keep informed as to budget and fundraising accounts.
- Assist in worship as scheduled. Develop service and mission opportunities. Create fellowship events for youth/children; retreats, off-campus events, parties, etc...
- Other duties as needed and agreed upon with the supervisor and SPRC.
Fulfill your call to youth or children’s ministry through the Graduate Residency in Youth Ministry at the Center for Youth Ministry Training (CYMT). The Graduate Resident Youth or Children’s Minister is a unique professional ministry opportunity that provides you with a job at a local ministry setting (church, camp, or nonprofit) while both training and coaching you as you earn your debt-free Masters of Arts in Youth Ministry through CYMT’s partner seminary. CYMT partners with Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary, in Austin, TX and also has a Nashville Extension. Acceptance to the program is competitive, as the cohort spots are limited in each region. The cost to the resident is only $2,000 for the 3-year program.
Graduate Residents will receive:
- Full scholarship for tuition, books, and housing.
- Masters degree from an accredited seminary.
- A job as a youth minister in a local church/camping ministry.
- $1,000 per month stipend.
- A veteran youth ministry coach.
- Cohort: Residents are part of a dynamic, group-learning community that provides encouragement and support as they walk through ministry together.
- Coaching: Residents receive one-on-one coaching from a youth ministry veteran to help master and apply critical skills.
- Classroom: In retreat-style, four times per semester, residents will be challenged to think theologically about ministry and empowered to create ministry programs that evoke deep, life-changing Christian faith.
- Church: Residents get hands-on experience in a local church where they serve 25 hours weekly as youth minister.
- Care: Residents receive pastoral care and encouragement, empowering them to seek wholeness in their life.
- Qualifications: Distinct call to youth or children’s ministry, ministry experience working with children or youth, and a undergraduate degree.
Theological Beliefs: CYMT partners with congregations and individuals representing the theological views and diversity of mainline Protestant Christianity. We partner with mainline Protestant denominations including the United Methodist Church, Presbyterian (PCUSA), Cumberland Presbyterian, Lutheran (ELCA), Episcopal, Disciples of Christ, American Baptist, and Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Our partner seminary is Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary.
- Apply online at www.cymt.org.
- Pay $50 application fee and complete online application.
- Provide 3 references (professor, ministry, personal), transcripts, photo, proof of insurance, and a complete background check.
- January term: October 1
- Fall term early admission: November 15 - Save $500 on residency fee.
- Fall Term Final Deadline: March 15.
Apply online at www.cymt.org/graduate-residency