Bowling Green Christian Church
Bowling Green Christian Church (BGCC) is a healthy, vibrant congregation postured well to impact its community in powerful ways. After 17 years the current Senior Minister (who is well-loved) is stepping down to pursue a call with a missions organization. He is continuing to preach during this interim period and is excited to cheer on his successor. The staff is energized with a culture of friendship, mutual respect, personal responsibility, and team collaboration. The elders are unified and supportive of the staff team. As a leader and relational teacher, the Senior Minister role at BGCC provides an opportunity to build on a deep, established foundation of effective ministry for decades to come.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|4||200||Bowling Green, KY USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (270) 791-8161
Bowling Green, KY 42104
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Preaching/Senior||Senior Minister||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
Strong Candidates will...
- Have a good sense of humor and not take themselves too seriously
- Have at least 5 years ministry experience in a church of similar size
- Have a M. Div. degree from an ATS accredited institution
- Be familiar and aligned theologically with the Restoration Movement
- Be comfortable allowing others to lead and succeed
How to apply... Email the BGCC Search Team ([email protected]) the items listed below.
- Cover Letter (as the email text or in a PDF)
- Resume (PDF format only)
- 1-2 page spiritual biography that includes your conversion and call to ministry (PDF format only)
- Link to video of you preaching in a congregational setting (can be included in the email text or as a separate document)
The search team will review these materials and then contact you if they believe you are a good fit for this position.
Bowling Green Christian Church is praying for their next Senior Minister. They are looking for someone with humble character to be a part of their leadership team. They want someone who will become a part of the BGCC family and love the congregation well. They want someone who takes their own spiritual needs seriously and cares for their soul through prayer and time in God’s Word. These characteristics will enable them to succeed as they...
Lead with vision
- Collaborate with the staff and elders to prayerfully form a vision plan for the church
- Call the church and its leadership to step forward in faithful pursuit of that vision
- Courageously try new ways of ministry - celebrating success and learning from failure
- Coordinate regular staff meetings and attend elders’ meetings Shepherd the staff
- Micromanagers need not apply! The staff is a highly motivated team who needs someone to help them identify their best ideas and focus their energy on their best projects.
- Check in on their well-being and provide regular conversational feedback
- Set annual goals with staff members and conduct formal annual performance reviews
Preach with conviction and clarity
- Organize a preaching calendar in advance for collaboration with the staff and worship team
- Alternate between topical and exegetical series
- Preach at least 40 weeks a year with sermons prepared that have the de-churched in mind
- Identify and resource other voices to preach including female voices
- Speak authentically and concisely with a normal unpolished teaching voice. Preaching like a standard “preacher” will not fit at BGCC!
Secondary Responsibilities - The Senior Minister will be asked to take on one or more of these roles based on their giftedness. The other roles will be absorbed by existing staff members.
Provide pastoral care
- Along with other staff ministers the Senior Minister will lead in providing pastoral care
- Maintain a list of resources to share with congregants as they face crises
Direct adult discipleship ministries
- Organize community group launches twice a year and regularly encourage group leaders
- Develop in collaboration with the staff & elders a leadership development system Manage the day-to-day business of the church
- In collaboration with the church administrator approve needed work and contracts
- In collaboration with the chairman of the elders respond to unexpected expenses and projects