Albany Baptist Church
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|1||100-200||Albany, OH United States|
mail [email protected]
Albany , OH 45701
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Associate Ministry||Associate Pastor||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
- Support and executes the vision of the Senior Pastor.
- Manages and leads the everyday activities of the church ministry under the authority of the Senior Pastor.
- Create systems and processes that further the church’s ministry objectives.
- Align the ministries and departments of the church around the church’s core vision.
- Facilitate an annual strategic planning process to evaluate the ministry effectiveness of the church that concludes in a strategic plan.
- Serve as part of the church’s leadership team, helping to set the long-term objectives and strategies of the church.
- Maintain an awareness of current trends and best practices within ministries of comparable size.
- Participate in pastoral duties (preaching, teaching, officiating weddings and funerals, counseling, etc.) as needed.
- Work with the Senior Pastor to plan the worship services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor with consideration to your experience, training, talents, giftedness
We’re looking for a God-called Christian Associate Pastor who can help lead our church into the future with conviction, vision, and humility. An ideal candidate has ministry experience within other churches of our size, demographic makeup, and theological commitments. This candidate will also be an engaging, biblically faithful teacher who can relate to people of different ethnic, socio-economic, and generational backgrounds.
At least 2 years of experience managing teams in either the church or business world. Excellent verbal communicator: Comfortable speaking before large groups of people. Able to speak the truth in love and deal wisely with conflict amongst ministry leaders and the broader church. Prefer a Bachelor’s degree in ministry leadership, biblical studies, theology, or a related field. A growing personal relationship with Christ. Stated willingness to operate within our church’s statement of beliefs. Willingness to use technology to help the church further its ministry goals. Ability to engage people of all generations in the ministry of the church. A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9). A calling to pastoral ministry. Prefer a man who is ordained by GARBC or like group theologically (must be willing to work toward this in the first two years of ministry. Follow this link to the questionnaire: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yKP47hmy9-9pvg9l8A7TRIhcNZONBIUn-gtM_LbuwX8/edit?usp=drivesdk