Academics In Asia
Overseas Campus Ministry and Job Placement
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|130||N/A||Redding, CA USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (209) 877-7427
Redding, CA 96003
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|International, Other||University ESL, Business, or K-12 Teacher||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
Teaching in the Conversational English Program Teachers in the Conversational English Program are assigned to teach either Freshman or Sophomore Oral English. A standard teaching load for Oral English faculty members is 18 hours per week. This usually means that they are teaching nine different classes that meet once a week, and the standard class period is composed of two 45 minute periods with a 10 minute break in between. The average class size for Oral English classes at Sias is between 25 and 30 students. Aside from teaching, Oral English faculty members are also required to hold office hours for two hours each week; these may be held formally or informally, as long as faculty members make themselves available to their students for a minimum of two hours per week. In order to provide faculty members with additional support and guidance in fulfilling their role as teachers, the Oral English Program faculty is divided into two teaching teams—the Freshman Oral English Team and the Sophomore Oral English Team —according to their teaching assignments. Each team has a Team Leader who regularly supports the team with specific information to help guide lesson planning and teaching via email and a weekly team meeting. The Team Leaders also help to relay information from the School of Foreign Languages regarding any relevant administrative issues.
Requirements to teach at Sias International University:
- Minimum of Baccalaureate degree (Higher degrees preferred with additional compensation in salary)
- 2 years of teaching experience or completion of 120-hour TEFL certificate. Contact Us for more information.
- Desire to interact in a cross-cultural setting
- Willingness to learn and develop teaching with excellence
- Moral :
- Ability to work with a myriad of people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Willingness to enter into a foreign country with patience and diligence
- Airfare to China
- Return Airfare (with completion of one-year contract)
- Medical Care Allowance
- Accident Insurance
- Private Apartment (see pictures)
- Internet and Utilities Paid
- Free Weekend Trips (see examples)
- Paid Winter Holiday
- Free Chinese Lessons
- NEW: Faculty Cafeteria with International Food is now not a required benefit (see pictures)
- Salaries start from 6000-8000 RMB ($900-1200 USD) a month depending on degree attained. Every year teachers get a raise and signing a 3-year contract after the first semester gives teachers a 16.7% raise.
Apply here: http://academicsinasia.com/apply-now/.