The International Student Grant is awarded to seven first-time students accepted to enroll each school year. A Grant Committee appointed by the administration of the college will determine these awards after considering each applicant according to the criteria stated herein.
Who is Eligible
Qualified, new, full-time, degree-seeking international students entering the U.S. on an F-1 student visa seeking to prepare for involvement in Christian ministry, and who are committed to returning to their home country upon completing their studies in the United States.
When to Apply
All information must be received at OCC by May 1 of the year of enrollment for fall applicants, and by October 1 of the year preceding enrollment for spring applicants. Applications received after these dates will not be considered.
Value of the Grant
The grant is worth up to 16 hours of tuition applied directly to the current cost of your tuition after the third week of each semester. For example, if the tuition cost is $370 per credit hour, you could receive $5,920 credit toward your tuition each semester, or $11,840 per academic year.
How to Maintain the Grant
Once the grant is awarded, it is renewable each semester on the following basis:
- You must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours per semester.
- You must maintain a 2.000 cumulative grade point average. If a student loses the scholarship at the end of an academic year, it can be renewed following the completion of the NEXT academic year by achieving the 2.000 cumulative GPA requirement again.
- You must not be placed on disciplinary probation or put under disciplinary contract. Such action will result in the forfeiture of the grant in a succeeding semester. It may be re-instated once the disciplinary action is resolved.
- You must submit a deposit of $3000 (U.S.) to OCC before the day of enrollment each semester. You cannot enroll, attend classes, or live in the residence halls until this deposit is received. You must pay all other costs of your education including all charges from the bookstore, library or business office before the grant can be applied to your account.
- You must meet with the Vice President of Enrollment Management at least one time each semester.
- You must remain in compliance with the college catalog and abide by all other student guidelines of the college to continue enrollment.
Other Applicable Items
- Students receiving this grant are not eligible to receive any other OCC scholarships or grants offered by OCC.
- This grant is not a cash award, applies only to tuition, is not transferable, and applies to credit hours taken at OCC only.
- This grant can be applied to your tuition up to a maximum of 10 semesters only and must be fully used within six years after the initial date of the award.
- As changes are made to this grant program from year to year, those changes will apply to all recipients, e.g., as tuition increases, the value of the grant will increase.
- If this grant is forfeited for any length of time, the disbursement of the funds for that period is also forfeited and can never be regained.
- If the student fails to meet the eligibility requirements to maintain this grant, he or she must pay all of his or her college costs in U.S. dollars upon entering in any semester such a situation should occur. Otherwise, enrollment will be denied.
- The Grant Committee will notify you in writing whether or not you have received this grant by June 15 for fall enrollees, and by November 15 for spring enrollees.