COVID-19 Dashboard and Updates
- Merit Scholarships
- Priority Admissions
PRIORITY ADMISSIONS Scholarship
Online students are eligible for a $500 admissions scholarship by completing the admissions requirements by the priority admissions deadline
Fall 2 Priority Admissions Deadline
September 18, 2020
Complete the admissions process by the stated priority deadlines (2 weeks prior to the registration deadline), for the module in which the student plans to enroll.
Recipients must be enrolled within one year from the date of being awarded a scholarship.
Students must maintain a 2.0 OCC institutional G.P.A. while being concurrently enrolled (in at least one course) semester-by-semester.
An official Leave of Absence will not disqualify student eligibility.
If students become ineligible, they will lose the scholarhsip for an entire academic year (Fall through Summer).
DURATION AND DISBURSEMENT
The scholarship will be awarded for an entire academic year (Fall through Summer).
The scholarship will not extend beyond four (4) academic years.
Disbursements will be made in equal amounts per module (e.g. $100 per module). Adjustments will not be made for modules with no enrollments.
Online Platinum Scholarship
- This automatic scholarship is in the amount of $1,500 per year.
- 3.5+ GPA
- Resulting in $6,000 over the course of 4 years.
Online Gold Scholarship
- This automatic scholarship is in the amount of $1,000 per year.
- 3.0-3.49 GPA
- Resulting in $4,000 over the course of 4 years.
Online Silver Scholarship
- This automatic scholarship is in the amount of $500 per year.
- 2.5-2.99 GPA
- Resulting in $2,000 over the course of 4 years.
Online Learning Merit Scholarship Guidelines
- Upon acceptance to Ozark, merit scholarships are automatically awarded based upon the student’s cumulative college GPA (transfers) or final unweighted high school GPA (first-time freshmen).
- The full value of the scholarship will be split equally between all five modules each year, only for modules that are attended.
- The scholarship will be applied during the modules enrolled regardless of the number of hours enrolled for up to four years.
- Students can receive only one merit scholarship (not stackable with other merit scholarships from Ozark).
- Students must maintain a cumulative Ozark GPA of 2.5 to renew their merit scholarship each academic year. If they fall below a 2.5 GPA, the scholarship can be renewed following the completion of the next academic year by reaching the 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Students that do not enroll in any coursework during a full academic year will not be eligible for scholarship renewal for any future years.
Questions about scholarship awards? Contact Mary Hurley, the Online Learning Admissions Counselor at 417.626.1277.