Bible Study Speaker
Church Leadership: Conversations for the Smaller Church
This seminar is designed to help leaders lead better longer, especially those located in a small church context. Come be encouraged and equipped for doing ministry in a smaller-church setting. This seminar will include sessions with Jeff Walling, Jim Powell, Rob Brust, Blade Dilldine, Phil Claycomb, Rowlie Hutton, Nathan Rector, Jake Zauche.
Seminar topics include “Healthy Church Culture,” “Small Church Discipleship,” “Small Church Leadership Dynamics,” “Small Church Leadership Development,” “Small Church in the Urban Contexts,” “Small Church in the Rural Contexts,” and "Celebrating the Small Church."
Children’s Ministry Training
Bring your children's ministry team to training with Annette Safstrom, author of Sustainable Children's Ministry, to discuss keys to sustainability, recruiting, training, and retaining volunteers, and serving together as a ministry team.
Leading & Loving It
As a woman involved in ministry, do you ever find yourself needing encouragement? Whether you are a minister or you are married to one, this seminar will encourage you and equip to continue leading in your ministries and loving it while you do.View Session
Taylor-Johnson Temperament Analysis Training
This seminar provides valuable tools and training that will help with individual, premarital and marital counseling. Attendees will learn how to correctly administer and interpret the T-JTA testing instrument.View Session
- Day 1
- 8:30 AM - Pre-Convention Registration
- 9:30 AM - Pre-Convention Seminars
- 5:00 PM - Registration Opens
- 7:00 PM - Main Session (Caleb Kaltenbach)
- Day 2
- 8:00 AM - Bible and Coffee
- 9:30 AM - Main Session (Brad Tate)
- 11:30 AM - Class Reunions (Chapel Lobby)
- 11:30 AM - Lunch with Leading & Loving It (Student Center)
- 1:00 PM - Main Session (Shan Moyers)
- 2:30 PM - Workshops
- 4:00 PM - Super Sessions
- 7:00 PM - Main Session (Ashley Wooldridge)
Where should I eat? Read our staff's favorites here.
What other events does Ozark offer?
• Women's Conference (April 5-6, 2019)
• Branson Conference (June 3-7, 2019)
• Getaway (September 27-28, 2019)
• The Event (November 1-2, 2019)
• Ambassadors Weekend (January 17-18, 2020)
• Preaching-Teaching Convention (February 17-19, 2020)
What to do in a medical emergency?
Please contact the event coordinator to report any injury that happens at our events.
A first aid kit for minor injuries is available in the registration area. In more serious cases, call 911 or visit the Joplin hospitals (listed below):
• Freeman Hospital, 1102 W 32nd Street
• Mercy Hospital, 100 Mercy Way
MAIN CONVENTION: $75 per attendee
MONDAY PRE-CONVENTION SEMINARS: Cost varies, depending on which seminar you attend.
• Couples rate is $150. Please use the coupon code COUPLE when registering.
• Churches sending 3 or more of their leadership team can register together and get a discount of $5 off the Main Convention, $10 off the Pre-Convention Seminar, or $15 off the whole convention per attendee. Please use the coupon codes CHURCH-MAIN, CHURCH-SEMINAR or CHURCH-WHOLE when registering.
• 2018 OCC graduates can use the coupon code 2018GRAD when registering.
HOUSING: Planning to stay in Joplin? Click here for a list of our preferred hotels with special rates for Preaching-Teaching Convention registrants.
ADA ACCOMMODATIONS: Ozark Christian College strives to provide reasonable accommodations for special events with adequate notice. To request disability accommodations for events, please complete this form at least two weeks prior to the event. If you need assistance completing this form or need an alternate format, contact Peyton Butler at 417.626.1249 or firstname.lastname@example.org or at 1111 North Main Street, Joplin, MO 64801.
If your ministry is interested in partnering with us for the convention, contact Peyton Butler at email@example.com or 417.626.1249.
Find all workshop details here.
Children's sessions are available for our youngest Preaching-Teaching Convention friends, ages birth through 5th grade. All children's sessions are directed by OCC children's minstry professor Dr. Teresa Welch and staffed by OCC students.
Children's sessions will be offered:
• Monday, during Pre-Convention Seminars (9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.), for $5/child.
• Monday-Wednesday, during the 9:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Main Sessions. These sessions are free.
• Wednesday, during the President's Banquet (4:00-6:30 p.m.). This session is free.
Please be sure to indicate your need for this on your online convention registration.
Youth ministers, join us in the Chapel on Wednesday at 7 p.m. for a special session just for your teens and youth groups, with OCC's Frontline and student group, Breadline Experience. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to bring your youth group.
Class reunions are a fun chance to reconnect and remember. In 2019, we celebrate the classes of 1969 (50 years) and 1994 (25 years). Join us at 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, February 19, for a class reunion luncheon in OCC's Chapel lobby. RSVP to email@example.com.
Each year during our Preaching-Teaching Convention, alumni, and friends share a meal at the President's Banquet. At this special dinner, we honor our Seth Wilson Outstanding Alumnus Award recipients and give an update on the annual Alumni Project.
Join us in the MPB on Wednesday, February 20, at 4 p.m. for our special banquet together.