World Gospel Mission
Friends of Tenwek (FOT) is a US-based nonprofit dedicated to supporting the mission and work of Tenwek Hospital in Bomet County, Kenya. We are committed to fostering connections among U.S. physicians and other medical and missionary personnel who have served at Tenwek and know first-hand how vital the hospital’s medical and spiritual mission is to the people of Kenya and beyond. Our philosophy of ministry is all about sending transformed people into the communities of the world so they can be instruments in the hands of God to bring about transformation.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|1||5||Marion, IN USA|
mail [email protected]
phone 1 (619) 781-6420
P.O. Box 948
Marion, IN 46952-0948
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|International, Para Church Organizations||Friends of Tenwek Ambassador||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
The FOT Ambassador position is a year-long position with service beginning in the spring or summer of 2021.
The FOT Ambassador has three main areas of responsibility:
- Providing a warm and informative FOT welcome and connection for all visiting staff, ensuring that every visitor is welcomed, oriented, resourced, engaged, and thanked.
- Collaborate with Tenwek’s Visiting Staff Coordinator to assist with new arrivals; meet and welcome them when possible. Plan and facilitate FOT “welcome” dinners for visiting staff on a regular basis.
- Facilitate ministry trips and fellowship times with visiting staff.
- Serve as a guide for visiting staff to Tenwek Hospital and the larger community, helping them orient to the culture and processes.
- Prepare a quarterly FOT Ambassador report with metrics for supervisors.
- Ensuring that all requests from the hospital for FOT funds are made, fulfilled, and tracked in a timely and accurate way and coordinating with Tenwek administrators to determine funding needs.
- Process requests for funds with the FOT Board of Directors.
- Track fulfillment of requests.
- Provide reports on expenditures to the FOT Board of Directors.
- Assisting with communications that help FOT solicit and cultivate donors.
- Coordinate with Country Director for social media strategy and posts.
- Prepare and send “Welcome” and “Thank You” communications to visiting staff.
- Add visiting staff contact info to FOT’s fundraising database (DonorPerfect).
- Assist with written and visual content for FOT’s Tenwek Today biannual newsletter, the FOT website, and other publications as requested.
Tenwek’s community is a closely knit group of Kenyans and missionaries, dedicating their lives to spreading the gospel through high quality medical service. The FOT Ambassador will support that work and become a valued member of a rich and diverse missions family. FOT provides 50% of the financial support, which leaves the FOT Ambassador to raise 50% of their own financial support.
- Bachelor’s Degree—major is flexible but business, economics, international relations, or communications would be advantageous.
- Christian testimony consistent with Tenwek Hospital’s Christian principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to relate well to people of all backgrounds.
- Highly self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Able to balance multiple priorities.
- Desire and ability to embrace challenges and grow in skills, abilities, faith, and maturity.
For more information about this position, please visit https://www.wgm.org/detail/fot-ambassador.
Application must be completed online. Please contact Edgar Molina at [email protected] or call at (619) 781-6420.