Woodland Heights Christian Church
We are an Independent Non-Denominational Christin Church located in Crawfordsville, IN, a small town of 16,000 residents who reside 30 miles west of Indianapolis and 25 miles south of Lafayette just off of Interstate 74 on State Road 32 West. The city has grown by a rate of 4.9% since 2000. Woodland Heights strives to “Know Christ and Make Him Known”. We currently run approximately 400 in attendance during two different worship hours. We offer two styles of worship: the traditional service is held in the sanctuary at 8:15 a.m., and the contemporary service is held in the Family Life Center at 10:30 a.m. A Sunday School meets from 9:30 to 10:15 a.m. for birth through adults. We have a strong commitment to youth and family, as seen through our dedication to our Preschool and Daycare. Woodland Heights operates a preschool (Creation Station Preschool), on campus, with approximately 65 students, as well as a thriving daycare (New Beginnings Daycare), off-campus, with about 148 students. We also maintain a healthy youth ministry, for Jr. High and High School students, called W.H.Y. We enjoy a healthy staff dynamic. The staff includes three full-time ministers, a part-time minister, a full-time secretary and custodian, two part-time secretaries (financial and payroll/taxes), and a full-time Children’s Director (with two part-time assistants over elementary and nursery).
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|8||400||Crawfordsville, IN USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (765) 362-5284
Crawfrodsville, IN 47933
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Preaching/Senior||Lead Minister||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
The Lead Pastor will be the lead follower of Christ at Woodland Heights. He will set the tone, through word and deed, while being a part of the Elder team. To that end, the following is a list of what we feel the lead Minister should personally exhibit.
- He should passionately embody God's word and live out the gospel in his daily life.
- He should show a deep commitment to Christ and have His heart for all people.
- He should be a baptized (immersed) believer, fully understanding and supporting the scripture-based doctrine of the Restoration Movement.
- He should live a consistent, spiritual, moral lifestyle.
- He should be competent in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- He should have the desire to remain in a long-term (5-year minimum) ministry at WHCC.
- He should have a strong foundation in biblical and expository preaching.
- He should place his membership with Woodland Heights Christian Church, along with the baptized members of his household.
- He should have a history of faithful ministry experience of at least five years and proven leadership in an outreach-minded church.
- He should be computer proficient and be able to relate to and participate in social media in a manner that encourages the congregation and others.
- He should be ordained in the Christian Church and meet the qualifications of Biblical Eldership.
- He should hold a bachelor's degree in a relevant field of ministry.
- He should seriously pursue Christ and the mission of His Church, however, not take himself too seriously.
An applicant must: submit a resume or website link to [email protected] (.pdf format only please); send links to relevant social media accounts; tell us about your view of the role of a lead minister, as well as your personal spiritual journey; send a link to a video of you preaching.