Williamsport Christian Church
WCC is a church community in Williamsport, Indiana of approximately 200 that is focused on reaching, teaching, equipping, and sending.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|5||200||Williamsport, IN USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (765) 762-3382
Williamsport, IN 47993
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Children's, Youth||Youth and Children's Minister||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
Our church is looking to hire an exemplary youth pastor to oversee our children’s and youth ministries. The main goal for this role is the development of a Christ-like character in all our youth (and youth leaders) and to enhance our outreach into the community so that others will come to know Jesus. This youth pastor will attend student functions at schools and home school events, grow relationships within the education community, and provide students and their families with biblical counseling.
The Youth and Children's Minister is a salaried position supervised by the Senior Pastor and the Elders. Benefits include paid vacation, conference allowance, and health insurance.
Youth Pastor Responsibilities:
- Attending and participating in meetings (Elders, church board, staff, etc)
- Overseeing, growing, and coordinating the church’s youth ministry
- Designing, overseeing, and examining curriculum for all programs, events, and classes
- Leading middle and high school students to encourage their spiritual growth
- Administrating children’s programming
- Developing positive relationships with students and their parents
- Growing students who are interested in the knowledge of God and His Word
- Overseeing, recruiting, training, supervising, and pastoring all student ministry volunteers
Youth Pastor Requirements:
- Evident relationship with Jesus Christ
- Agreement with WCC’s statement of faith
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency with social media
- Skillful in organization and administration, a self-starter
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to lead by example
- Compassion for the lost
- Affinity for young people
- Available to work extended hours, evenings, over weekends and holidays, as well as on short notice
For more information, please see the attached document.
To apply, submit a resume and references to WCC for review of our search committee.