Wellspring Community Church
Wellspring is a church plant in St. Joseph, MO that attracts talented musicians and young adults. A main driver for us is: creating a new normal for the next generation. We desire to provide a relevant worship and youth experience for the young people in our church. We are seeking a full-time employee who is confident in their musical abilities, feels called to student engagement and has ministry experience and education. If that's you, we'd love to talk more. This is a full-time position split between two areas of ministry: 20 hours a week as worship director and 20 hours a week as youth director.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|3 full-time and 6 part-time||300+||St. Joseph, MO USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (816) 752-1193
St. Joseph, MO 64501
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Worship/Music, Youth||Worship & Youth Director||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
This candidate must love God and be pursuing a relationship with Him: This person must also be a team player, easy to work with and of high character. Humility and teach-ability are highly attractive traits that we value.
- We are seeking a competent musician and vocalist who has experience leading worship. Must have strong vocal ability and competency to lead with acoustic/electric guitar. Ability to play multiple instruments is an added bonus. Solid understanding of music theory is desired in order to transpose songs quickly, create chord charts, communicate specific parts other instruments need to play, etc. And take up the value we place in music that connects with the next generation.
- Engage our congregation each week and help create an inviting worship environment for our church
- Be the leader in creating worship team culture: Remind them why we do what we do, foster a relational environment and develop relationships with the band members, encourage them in their faith, address relational conflict that may arise, play skillfully to the Lord (Ps. 33:3), etc.
- Plan the worship set each week with the help of lead pastor
- Create the worship team schedule and always have an eye out for new musicians to add to the team
- Display strong communication skills: Lead worshipers to main ideas of songs and point to Jesus. Clearly lay out the songs each week to the scheduled band members, expectations for vocalists and their specific parts, instrumentation desired on all instruments, etc.
- Spend time weekly listening to new worship music to possibly add to our song repertoire
- Create chord charts for all new worship songs: Set chord charts in place before Sunday morning rehearsals, keep stage clean and clutter free, etc.
- Be responsible for special events and services: This includes being in charge of worship nights, clearing the stage for weddings, setting the stage back up for Sunday service, etc.
- Must have a heart for high school students in our multi-cultural setting: Our outreach to un-churched kids has been foundational since our beginning in 2006 with a strong connection with the ministry of Young Life.
- This candidate must desire and strive to lead our youth to love God and their neighbor
- Must be gifted at teaching and leading meaningful discussions with our youth
- Must have strong communication and planning skills: Must be able to easily communicate with our youth and their parents. The ability to plan events, Bible studies and ministry trips is critical to this position.
- Develop deep relationships with our high school students: Frequently visit high school students during their school lunch hours, attending weeknight sporting/musical events to support our youth and meet new students, etc.
- Must model the way of Jesus while being vulnerable and approachable: This candidate must be someone our high school students feel safe opening up to about their joys and struggles.
- Train other volunteer and parents on how to engage our youth: Help them ask meaningful questions, lead Bible discussions, facilitate small groups, model the value of opening your home to young people, the power of vulnerability, etc.
- Be open-minded and flexible in discerning the best way to reach our high school students
- Attend staff meeting and individual meetings with lead pastor
A desire to lead Worship while confident in musical abilities (strong vocal ability, competency to lead with acoustic/electric guitar, worship team coordination, new music development). A desire for high school student engagement (teaching, developing relationships, training leaders, organizational planning). Ministry experience in both Worship and Youth and a Ministry/Biblical Education.