Tyro Christian Church
Tyro Christian Church is a regional, independent Christian congregation with 500+ attendance serving multiple cities within a 35-mile radius in Southeast Kansas and Northeast Oklahoma. TCC has successful Teen, Children's and Preschool Ministries, in addition to affiliation with a K-12 Christian school.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|6||500||Tyro, KS USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (620) 330-1554
Independence, KS 67301
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Youth||Teen Minister||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
Tyro Christian Church is seeking a full-time youth minister for immediate hire to lead its 7th-12th grade Teen Ministry. Preferred candidates will have a minimum of three years’ experience in teen ministry and applicable secondary education.
Primary responsibilities include:
- winning teens to faith in Christ and guiding them toward spiritual maturity
- planning, coordinating and leading Jr. and Sr. High summer camps and youth mission trips
- planning and leading Wednesday night and Sunday night small groups, devotionals and activities
- organizing and directing adult sponsors, interns, and volunteers
- overseeing day-to-day operation and upkeep of the Teen Ministry facilities
- maintaining social media presence for the ministry
- advance planning and budgeting for yearly activities, special events, and service opportunities
- promoting Teen community outreach
- connecting with local junior high and high schools
- integrating with church leadership, TCC Staff, and volunteer ministry leaders
Beneficial personality traits:
- commitment to teaching and leading by authentic example in Christian conduct
- desire to lead teens into a personal relationship with Christ
- personal accountability and integrity
- knowledge and personal application of scripture
- ability to relate to a wide variety of teen personalities
- organized mindset; able to handle details and logistics
- effective and consistent communicator
- positive team attitude; willingness to connect the Teen Ministry with the broader congregation
Teen facilities include gym, dedicated 200-seat auditorium with stage and sound booth, full kitchen, commons area, meeting rooms, rock climbing wall, and various other recreational provisions. Pay range is based on qualifications and experience. Benefits include paid health insurance, paid vacation, and IRA contribution. Church-adjacent parsonage available.
To apply, please e-mail cover letter, resume, and references to Search Committee Leads Don Elliott (email at [email protected] or call at 620-330-1554) or Tim Rice (email at [email protected] or call at 620-779-0721).