Thousand Pines Christian Camp
Located in the beautiful San Bernardino mountains at about 5,000 feet in Southern California, we host Christ-centered Program Camps throughout the year for children, youth, and adults.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|150||N/A||Crestline, CA USA|
phone (909) 338-2705
P.O. Box 3288
Crestline, CA 92325
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Camp Ministry||Program Instructor||Paid Part-Time, Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
1. Instruct groups of students in various activities on a 3, 4 or 5 day program
2. Develop professional relationships with guests (students, teachers, chaperones, administrators) and coworkers
3. Perform duties and/or participate in activities including:
- Teach the outdoor education curriculum
- Lead various program elements including:rock wall, archery, crafts, songs, games, chapels, worship, skits, dances, and team building exercises
- Enforce dining hall standards during meals
- Supervise a group of students overnight
- Travel to multiple sites for the outdoor education programs
- Attend team meetings
- Provide supportive leadership when necessary
- Assist in cleaning and inventory management
- Provide first aid and basic health care when necessary
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
The Program Instructor’s primary role is to lead hikes, teach lessons based on the state science standards, and help students grow through a variety of program elements. If this position does not interest you, visit http://www.thousandpines.com/employment.html to see the various jobs we are currently hiring for.
Major Competency Areas - Ability to work effectively within a team or alone - Strong communication and teaching skills - Ability to model desired behaviors, including a positive attitude, on a consistent basis - Reliability, punctuality, and good time management Visit our website, http://www.thousandpines.com/employment.html, to apply!