The Ascent Church
The Ascent Church is a thriving and growing family of faith in the Monument/Northern Colorado Springs region. Our mission is: Climbing together by loving God and loving people. Our FIVE Core Values are: Christ-Centered | Bible-inspired | People-focused | Growth-driven | Generous Living. We want to be a place where people are Belonging and Becoming.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|15||800||Monument, CO USA|
phone (719) 649-3535
Monument, CO 80132
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Associate (Support Staff), Grade School||Assistant Director of Elementary Ministries||Paid Part-Time||20-30|
• Participate in staff development, prayer & planning
• Recruitment & development of elementary volunteer teams
• Maintain volunteer communication and oversee scheduling
• Provide ongoing communication with parents
• Coordinate K-6th Sunday and mid-week programming
• Maintain elementary check-In station
• Oversee Buddy Ministry for elementary (Special Needs)
• Assist with children's ministry classes such as Intro to Baptism
• Assist with special events
• Maintain personal spiritual growth
• Team player, coachable, conscientious, and creative
• Strong organizational, people and communication skills
• Minimum of 1 year in ministry experience or working with elementary children
• Ability to work on multiple projects and see them through to completion
• High energy with capacity to be on his/her feet for 6 hours straight, walking, moving items such as tables, chairs, light equipment, etc.
Job Description: The Ascent Church in beautiful Monument, Colorado is currently accepting resumes for the position of Assistant Director of Elementary Ministries. This is a part-time job offering 25 hours per week, including Sunday mornings and Thursday evenings with flexibility on most other days. The Assistant Director of Elementary Ministries must have a passion for sharing God’s love and the gospel message with children and families. Job roles include planning Sunday morning and mid-week programs and coordinating volunteer teams. Other requirements include the ability to engage a room full of children or adults; problem solving skills, confidence in volunteer recruitment; creativity; organizational and planning skills; and excellent written and verbal communication. Previous work as a program coordinator or school teacher is a plus. Previous experience with Church Community Builder, Disciplr, Planning Center and ProPresenter (web-based platforms) are also a benefit.
• Candidate must submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. • If resume is accepted, you will be contacted by phone or email. • From there you may be asked to complete an application and background check. • From there you may be asked to schedule a time for an in-house interview. • A total of 2-3 interviews with church staff will consist of formal and informal meetings along with a working interview which will include hands on assessment of creativity, communication, computer/program navigation, problem solving and more.