Roy & Dora Whitman Academy
Whitman Academy is a school founded in 1994 by three expatriate families who had a vision to provide quality Christian education for their English speaking "third culture kids." They wanted their children to experience creative hands on learning and have opportunities for servant leadership and service to the community that would transform their hearts to be actively involved in making a difference in the world. This vision is the foundation for all programming at Roy & Dora Whitman Academy. Today, R&DWA has expanded to a body of 185 students from over 20 different countries, is fully accredited through Advanced Education and teaches grades 1 – 12.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
mail [email protected]
phone (630) 560-9926
Amman, Jordan 11814
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Christian School||4th Grade Elementary Teacher||Paid Part-Time||30-40+|
• Maintain and model in attitude, speech and actions a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
• Set up a safe, attractive, organized learning environment in the classroom that is conducive to student-centered interactive lessons.
• Follow the course of instruction and course pacing as outlined in the curriculum guide for each subject area.
• Incorporate creative, hands-on, real time learning experiences (not worksheets or reading a textbook) into the lesson sequence for each subject.
• Integrate Biblical principles and Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum.
• Endeavor to make student-centered learning the norm in the classroom.
• Cooperate with the Special Education Coordinator to ensure students with Individualized Educational Programs (IEP) are getting their accommodations.
Must be a mature Christian with a clear testimony. Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution. Preferably 1 -2 years’ experience teaching. Preferably hold a current teacher’s license. Read the introductory email and follow the link in the letter to apply. Dear Teacher, I hope this email finds you well. Thank you for your interest in Roy & Dora Whitman Academy. I am Gary Bonifas, Recruitment Coordinator, at Roy & Dora Whitman Academy (R&DWA) in Amman, Jordan. Below are important requirements you should know before you apply. R&DWA has a multi-national student body in grades 1-12 of primarily Third Culture Kids; TCKs are children whose parents live and work in Jordan and throughout the region but who come from other countries throughout the world. Teachers at our school are evangelical Christians and have a sense of calling to intentionally disciple these students. We believe each student is created by God with spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social, and physical needs and is educated holistically by addressing these unique needs. We strive to maintain high academic standards and to build growing and maturing disciples of Christ who are equipped to be servant leaders in their school and in their community. Our teachers see their work at our school as a calling with a larger purpose in God’s Kingdom. Therefore, we require foreign staff to join a Christian sending organization. A teacher who is part of a team that is broader than the school setting has a wider base of accountability as well as access to mentoring and pre-arrival cultural orientation. These organizations also provide field support, financial administrative oversight, health insurance, and other needed services in order for teachers to thrive. The school does provide a modest monthly stipend, but the majority of living expenses are covered through the raising of personal financial support. We look forward to continuing with you in the application process;. Follow the link below to apply for the job you are seeking to fill. http://www.whitmanacademy.org/employment/vacancies. Sincerely, Gary Bonifas Recruitment Coordinator Whitman Academy [email protected]