Rooted Church - SWMO is a young church plant in Joplin, MO. Planted in August of 2017 by five families seeking to grow together, to seek out the lost, and most importantly grow deeper in our love for and knowledge in the gospel. God has graciously continued to bless us in finding locations to gather while bringing alongside financially supportive churches who understand the importance of church planting within Southwest Missouri. Rooted Church has the following mission and vision statement: OUR VISION: To see the communities of Southwest Missouri transformed by the gospel, creating a missional movement that spreads across Missouri and unto the ends of the Earth. OUR MISSION: Create a thriving gospel community growing deeper in love for Jesus Christ and reaching wider in love for our neighbors. OUR IDENTITY: We are a family of missionary disciples who exist for the good of our cities and the glory of God. Join a team of gospel centered, missionally and culturally minded, and theologically driven Christians in continuing to spread the gospel deeper and wider in our community.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|1||50||Joplin, MO USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (417) 986-4009
Joplin, MO 64801
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Children's||Lil' Sprouts Children's Ministry Intern||Internship||1-10|
At Rooted Church SWMO we believe that children are our most prized possession and our most profound responsibility in establishing a viable and sustainable church plant within the Joplin community. We believe that Children’s Ministry is an “all hands on deck” ministry – because as a church we are a family! That’s why, over the past three years, we have worked very hard to lay a solid foundation for our Lil’ Sprouts Children’s Ministry. We are blessed with volunteer leaders that want to share God’s love with our kids. Now we look forward to taking the next step in our journey by adding a Lil’ Sprouts Children’s Ministry Intern for our growing ministry.
Intern will work with the Lil’ Sprouts Volunteer Team to further the Lil’ Sprouts ministry through enhancing processes, curriculum design, and writing a Lil’ Sprouts mission and vision.
- Participate as an active Lil’ Sprouts volunteer throughout the serving rotation
- Assist volunteer team with various administrative tasks
- Help with any Lil’ Sprouts children’s ministry communication
- Work as an important member of leadership on the Lil’ Sprouts ministry team for special events, family Sunday’s gatherings, and organized curriculum development and deployment.
- 1-year agreement; with agreement to monthly attendance at ministry roundtable meetings on the second Sunday evening of each month
- Remain active in the life of the church, regularly seeking out opportunities to connect with members and families
- 3-5 hours per week average investment
- Hands on ministry training
- Mentoring with experienced church planting pastor and church planting ministry team
If you are interested in being considered as a candidate for the Lil’ Sprouts Children’s Intern position at Rooted Church, we encourage you to explore our website (which offers many insights into our church beliefs and various ministries), look over our Lil’ Sprouts Children’s Intern Job Description (see below), and submit an updated resume and reference sheet by email to [email protected]
We are looking for someone who . . .
- Is creative and passionate about Children’s Ministry and is considering that as a springboard for pastoral and ministry experience
- Loves leading children to worship and grow closer to God
- Understands the impact that children’s ministries have within churches and are highly valued by prospective families and newcomers
- Wants children to LOVE their church experience
- Has a vibrant faith in Jesus Christ
- High school graduate, working towards college degree
- Experience working with children, preferably in a ministry or church environment
- Flexibility and willingness to work with others
- Proficient in computer skills (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)
- Creativity and proper use of social media
- Available on Sunday mornings